Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem; restore discs won't even start up. Can anyone help? (I also had a message about input signal being out of range and to change the display settings, but I can't get the computer to start!)

HP Recommended

The BIOS settings for Boot  SATA1 Controller Mode must be changed from RAID to IDE for recovery installation to work.  Type F10 when turning on power and go into the Setup to make the change.

See http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/248931-32-raid-help

HP Recommended

Update:  Restoring in AHCI mode may be more appropriate.  I was never able to restore computer with discs sent from HP.  I received python.exe script errors after the reboot.  However, I eventually found the original recovery discs that I burned and this installation went smoothing when I had the SATA controller set to AHCI rather than RAID.

HP Recommended

Hi, I had the same error (restore7.exe, memory could not be read). I removed the video card and used the on-board video. Error went away & I was able to run the restore disks. Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

hp recovery manager no me funciona!

HP Recommended

saludos

necesito restore7.exe

HP Recommended

Changing the hard drive type was not an option in the BIOS I was working with. I did perfom a drive test in BIOS and it passed the Quick and Detailed.

I did notice one thing out of the odd, as i had put in different memory. it should have only came up to 1.5 Gb, yet displayed 3.5Gb. SCRATCHING MY HEAD...   The original memory went back in and was correct at 4 Gb (2 Gb each)

So, I also ran a manual Restore, just incase, to no avail... calling it a day at 330 am. 

Cheers,

Tommy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.