Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 500-321
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

I have HP Pavillion 500-321 desktop, and I was wondering if it's possible to configure it so that I can turn the computer on remotely. I have succesfully configured it to wake it up from hibernation from my phone using wake on lan, and according to what I've gathered from some web searches this option (turning the PC on from a shutdown state) is possible in some MB.

Just to clearify, I don't want to use wake on lan to wake it up from sleep or hibernation, I've already done that, I want to turn it on after it has been shutdown.

I didn't find anything online that would tell me if this PC supports that option, so I'm asking here.

Thanks in advance for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Adrianrff,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service!

As I understand you want to turn on your desktop remotely using the Lan / Wan and normally this wouldn't be possible unless you utilize 3rd party applications (such as Nirsoft WakeMeOnLan, Nyxbull Wake on LAN, etc.) at your own discretion.

Keep me posted!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
@Riddle_decipher

No, that's not what I need. I explicitly wrote (twice) that I had already accomplished this. What I want is turning it on remotely from a full shutdown state. Wake on lan works only when the PC is sleeping or hibernating, not fully shutdown.

I'm sorry, but you guys need to read people's posts a little more carefully.
HP Recommended

@Adrianrff,

Thank you for replying!

Just to clarify, though the name of the application reads as "WakeMeOnLan" it doesn't mean it's used to wake your computer from hibernation/Sleep mode, on the contrary, it turns on your computer from a shutdown state just as you needed it to.

Here's a link to the 3rd party site that should help you further: Click here. (Please read through the description of the article & avoid the ads).

And keep me posted!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you, @Riddle_decipher.

I apologize for my previous comment, I honestly thought you had misunderstood me.

I will try those options and tell you how it went.
HP Recommended

@Adrianrff,

That's quite alright, Adrian!

I'll be waiting for your reply and I hope you have a good day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.