Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Let's see if I find one. Shipping and handling was not included right?
HP Recommended
Shipping and everything even assembling charges was included in those 250$ and you get a month of warranty according to the service Centre employee.
HP Recommended

I think I resolved my problem, I was able to boot if I went into bias and used the boot manager to boot. In windows I disconnected all my USB drives, when looking at my hard drives I saw two internal hard drives C (D) and E (F) and also a

drive L that had the same contents and dates as D, I ejected this L drive and when I rebooted no more WDF_VIOLATON and every thing boot fine.

HP Recommended

R U SERIOUS?  SUGGESTING PEOPLE THAT HAVE A PROBLEM CREATED BETWEEN HP AND MS GO TO A PAGE TO BUY SOFTWARE TO FIX THE ISSUE INSTEAD OF GIVING  US TOOLS TO SOLVE THE ISSUE FOR FREE!  IS HP GETTING A KICKBACK FOR THIS?  I AM GOING TO TALK TO AN ATTORNEY AND SEE IF THIS IS NOT ILLEGAL!!!!

HP Recommended
Now I have to purchase a motherboard. If I find where I can get it from.
HP Recommended

I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB YESTERDAY.  IT'S THE FIRST STEP IN THE LAWSUIT PROCESS.  IT IS UNREAL TO FORCE AN OPERATING SYSTEM ON TO A CONSUMER TELLING THEM THAT IT IS COMPATABLE WHEN IF IN FACT IT IS NOT THEN EXPECT THEM TO PAY TO HAVE IT REPAIRED BY EITHER REPLACING HARDWARE THAT IS NOT BROKE OR SUGGESTING AS ONE HP WORKER DID ON HERE, BUYING SOFTWARE FROM A THIRD PARTY VENDOR TO FIX IT THAT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK.  A MUCH BETTER SOLUTION, DEVELOPE A UDATE OR PATCH TO FIX THE PROBLM FOR FREE.  NOT HAPPY WITH MICROSOFT OR HP BUT I AM SURE THE REAL CULPRIT IS HP IN THIS.  THE LOWEST MOTHERBOARD I FOUND WAS $350.00.  THE COMPUTER ISN'T WORTH THAT.

@Ghost_Rider wrote:
Let's see if I find one. Shipping and handling was not included right?

HP Recommended
I will file also. Such a load of crap
HP Recommended

LET ME GET THIS RIGHT.  FROM THE PAGE IN THE LINK YOU PROVIDED, IT SAYS:

Tip 1: Make sure that the system drive has enough free space.  MINE HAS 870 GB's- -IS THAT ENOUGH?  YES!!!

Tip 2: Did you just added any hardware component to your system OR installed a new program, updated any driver, download/install an update, and more?  NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solution 1: By restoring you computer or laptop with the help of System Restore option you can undo any recent system changes.  YES IT WILL.

Solution 2: Boot your system using Last Known Good Configuration, through this you can undo recent registry and system driver modifications.  NOT AVAILABLE IN WINDOWS 10!  WHAT IS THAT FROM XP?

Solution 3: Roll back device driver to its prior version.  OK

Tip 3: Make sure that your system is virus free:  IT IS.  MOM ALWAYS SAID USE PROTECTION!

Tip 4: Make sure your Windows system is packed with latest service packs and other updates.  BUT YOU JUST SAID ROLL BACK EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  **bleep**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tip 5: Make sure that drivers of your hardware are updated.  I JUST ROLLED THEM ALL BACK FROM YOUR SUGGESTION!

WHO WROTE THIS CRAP???  SOMEONE BI-POLAR?  IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE SUGGESTIONS AT LEAST MAKE THEM COHERANT AND HELPFUL OR YOU'LL END UP MAKING THINGS WORSE!!!!

HP Recommended

I understand your frustration.  Yes, some of the suggestions are contradictory, and often you cannot do the requested steps unless you can even boot into safe mode.  If you have no video, no luck there.

I tried all the various fixes, and then ended up having to have the motherboard replaced.  Cost $410.  Cost after MasterCard Gold extended warantee: Free; Priceless.  Unfortunately they had to wipe my hard disk drive to get it to reboot after new motherboard, fortunately I had backed up the hard drive before I took it in.

HP Recommended

Guys those who cant boot i.e not able to enter into bios you have no other option but to replace your motherboard. Wdf Violation error occurs due to incompatibility between the hardware and software. I replaced my motherboard as stated previously for around 250$. My motherboard was replaced 2 times by the customer service centre because the new motherboard got corrupt and this all happened because I updated my OS to Windows 10. I think HP, Pegatron and Microsoft should be sued. HP and Pegatron for not solving the incompatibility and Microsoft for false compatibility statement in the Get Windows 10 notification (that your PC meets the requirements and is ready to update). Now I'm on Windows 8.1 all running fine and canceled my scheduled Windows 10 update. NEVER IN MY LIFE I WILL BUY HP MACHINE again. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.