Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion All in One Q000na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am surprised not to find my problem on the forum after talking to Stella at HP Support I thought it was common. I purchased the above machine this week, originally it was on Windows 8.1 but offered to upgrade to Windows 10. After upgrading my machine has been crashing on a regular basis with the message "thread stuck in device driver". I also have lost all sound. these problems were not there before I upgraded. Stella told me these were Windows 10 problems and that HP engineers were working to resolve the situation. I am not sure if this one and the same problem, but Stella said they did not have the drivers to resolve my problem.

I did not receive any messages to do anything other than download Windows 10, and I note on my machine there is the ability to revert to Windows 8.1 for 30 days. I am assuming that if there is no quick fix I can revert following the instructions on my PC, obviously I will lose some data that I have added but as the machine is new it is a case of setting up my e-mail etc again. Stella promised to e-mail me in 48 business hours (Monday pm), so I am not going to revert before I hear from her.

Has anybody else experienced this problem it cannot just be me? Reading some of the info on the forum it is beyond my understanding as I am a pensioner who can just about get around a computer. Hopefully Stella will have good news for me next week!

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have had no problems since am on saturday so I will make this solved. As for HP very disappointed no response was received as promised!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Well I found out how to download a new driver on the web and now I have sound! Given my limited knowledge I am very pleased with myself. Anybody else having this problem Google Windows 10 - No Sound, I found two suggestions downloading a new driver worked for me.

I am now keeping everything crossed that the "thread stuck in device" stays away!

Dave

HP Recommended

I have had no problems since am on saturday so I will make this solved. As for HP very disappointed no response was received as promised!

HP Recommended

HI; I bought an HP 27" touch all in one windows 10 64 bit. Right off the bat I started getting the THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER than blue screen. It happens about 4 times a day. I've tried everything. My computer has an inability to update anything now. What to do????

I did not upgrade to windows 10, it's suppose to be a new computer???

Thanks for any response,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.