Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently did a complete restore on compaq presario 6016us running windows xp and have a repeated blue screen error message stating update bios or disable caching shadownig of bios.  I have updated everyting windows is updated, bios is updated, internet explorer is updated.  Everything is running fine however after any  updates requiring restart, a blue sreen pops up with error message including

Techinal information

*** Stop : 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0xF7B11B10, 0xFB11810)

***  ousbehci.sys - Address F7FEA60 base at F77FA000, Datestamp 3e075b41

I have been to the hp website on how to change bios settings but the f10 screen they show does not match mine and i cannot for the life of me locate where to change the bios caching shadowing settings.

if anyone has any tips, or adivce it would really save the day.

Thanks ever so much.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Have you double checked to make sure you used the correct update for your BIOS? It would be unusual for a BIOS flash to not work correctly unless it failed completely, but it might be worth a shot to try to flash it again with a newly downloaded update.

Thanks,

Scott
I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hello tm1030mm, I would agree with Beeker318 about these HP BIOS updates.

Here  is the link for the latest BIOS update for your system.

Normally there is no need to manage BIOS Shadowing, and on many systems there is no setting for this.

If you are receiving this error message, there must be something else going on, and it could be a failed BIOS flash.

Just some thoughts.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hansuppa I already have sp21165 updated in the computer.  Sorry I am not verry tec savy, I believe maybe 4 years ago I installed either 2 ram or rom chips? into the mother board, to speed it up.  I dont know if this might be my issue how do i check or find out what these 2 installed parts are and or if it is them that need an update.  Because in my vast library of update cd's i cannot find and dont rember if they had an installation cd i believe they were only for more memory.

I am still having issues any time i attempt to restart or shut down the blue screen pops up

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.  If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space.  If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates.  Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.  If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF767BA60, 0xF6AC8B08, 0xF6AC8804)

***    ousbehci.sys - Address F767BA60 base at F7677000, DateStamp 3e075b41

HP Recommended

Hello tm1030mm, This error could very well be caused by some faulty memory.

You may want to download Memtest, that can be found  Here , and run Memtest to verify your memory is not faulty.

You can burn Memtest to a CD and boot to the CD, or you may be able to run Memtest from a USB Flash drive if you have one.

If Memtest finds any errors at all in any of the memory modules, that module would be considerd defective and should be removed or replaced.

HP Recommended

Hanspuppa

within this link would i select

download auto installer for usb key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7) *new*

auto installer wants to delete current usb software

or

download - memtest86+ v4.20 source code (.tar.qz) - 201.2 KB

wants to search on the web to find creator or file to open it and i am having issues locating a decent zip folder opening software for a GZ file.

HP Recommended

tm1030mm wrote: Hanspuppa, within this link would i select download auto installer for usb key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7) *new*  auto installer wants to delete current usb software or download - memtest86+ v4.20 source code (.tar.qz) - 201.2 KB  wants to search on the web to find creator or file to open it and i am having issues locating a decent zip folder opening software for a GZ file.

Hello tm1030mm, Here  is a link to 7zip, which is a free program to extract zipped files. Select the first download (exe).

auto installer for usb key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7) *new*  is the file for the USB Flash drive.

Many times when you try to write to a USB Flash drive you will get the message that any data on the USB Flash drive may be lost. If you have any data on your USB Flash drive, just copy it to your hard drive, and the install the downloaded software on the USB Flash drive.

With Memtest installed on the USB Flash drive, boot the system, making sure your system will boot to a USB device and see if you can run Memtest.

If your system does not support booting from a USB flash drive, you would need to download and burn a CD with Memtest burned on the CD.

HP Recommended

Hanspuppa i completely rewrote the usb flash drive, with the memory test.  do i still need 7zip or can i just leave the usb in the tower and upon restart it will initiate.  

ok i went ahead with the 7-zip and installed it

do i just reboot from here?

HP Recommended
rebooted and nothing happened went ahead and copied files to disk and am attempting to boot from there.
HP Recommended
copied to flash and didn't initiate copied to disk and didn't initiate.
I have 7zip installed and when I atempt to open file it has a folder marked F_. I open that folder it contains files copying, ldinux, mt86plus, readme, and syslinux.cfg.

sorry to bind up all your free time.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.