Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am having this error message on my hp dc7800.

2210 - parameters frame error
me bios extension module execution has halted
update bios or management engine firmware if problem persists.

2206 - end of post heci failure
system halted. power cycle the system to reboot.

any suggestions on how to resolve this???

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

You can try two things:

1. Shut down the PC and unplug everything connected to it...keyboard, mouse, monitor, power cord -- everything.  Press the power button to drain any residual current remaining on the motherboard.

Near the coin cell battery, there is a little yellow CMOS reset button.

Press and hold that for 30 seconds.

Put everything back together and reboot the PC. Hopefully the errors will be gone. You will need to reset the time and date in the BIOS.

If that doesn't work you will need to update the BIOS and update the ME firmware as suggested in the failure codes.

These updates can be found on your PC's support and driver page under BIOS.

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul... Sad to say it didn't work... I did the reset thing and it asked me to reset the date and time as you said, but after saving the changes it went back to the same error.

I want to try your second suggestion to update the bios and ME firmware.  I have already downloaded the bios updates and firmware for my machine using another PC but I cannot use it until it boots and loads windows.  Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry the first method didn't work.

OK, on these machines you can update the BIOS from the BIOS menu, which is nice.

Run the program on another machine.  Now carefully read the notes. You will see this:

F10 Setup BIOS Flashing

The HP Business Desktop system supported by this softpaq provides a BIOS upgrade option through F10 setup using the "Flash System ROM" feature. Reboot the PC and press F10 to enter setup. In the File menu, select the "Flash System ROM" item. This flash utility will present the user with the option to select the media containing the BIOS image file (XXX_MMmm.bin). The binary image file is contained in the DOS Flash directory and is named XXX_MMmm.bin where "XXX" is the abbreviated BIOS family, "MM" is the major version number, and "mm" is the minor version number. F10 ROM based flash can accept the binary file from the root directory of any removable media such as USB, legacy floppy diskette, and CD. The BIOS CD Media file, included in this softpaq, should be used to create a BIOS image CD. When flashing with F10 ROM based flash, the CD media must be El-Torito compatible. The user is prompted when the process is completed. The new BIOS code will not take effect until the PC is rebooted.

View Contents of DOS Flash Folder

Copy those contents to a usb jump drive and boot up the PC. In the BIOS menu there will be an option to flash the system ROM. Go ahead an do that.

I have never run the ME firmware update but if you read it it can be done from a DOS environment.

So you probably can copy those files to a Bootable USB Flash drive and run some commands to flash the ME firmware.  Again, carefully read the instructions.

The instructions state to flash the BIOS to the lastest version first.

Here is a good article on how to make a USB jump drive bootable. I have used it successfully to update the microcode.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4927471_make-bootable-usb-drive.html

You will need to download the two files listed under Resources.  Works like a champ.  Just run the ME update executable command, whatever it is.

Paul

HP Recommended
thanks again... i'll try this one out and let you know the results... (keeping my fingers crossed)
HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

Good luck. I hpe that gets it for you.

HP Recommended

hi again,

sorry it took me a while to respond again... been quite busy this past week... I tried the method you posted and i got into the flash system rom option except that i don't have the .bin file needed to flash it...i have downloaded sp53611.exe from the hp website but i need to run it inside windows. can you share some link on where to download the .bin file? thanks again in advance...

HP Recommended

Hi:

You have to read the page that comes up when you run it and click on the link that says View Contents of DOS Flash Folder.

Those are the files you need to copy to a USB flash drive.

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi,

I got the bios files and was able to burn it into a cd... i followed the instructions but it always comes up with an error message that says "File is missing or damaged." I redownloaded the file and burned it again... and again... using different cd burning utilities... now i have a total of 8 useless cd's... i have read the instructions over and over checking if i missed anything but i think i followed it correctly and did everything there is. Do i need to use any particular software to burn it into disk?

HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no special tools needed that I know of.

Why not copy the files to a USB flash drive and use that like I posted above, to flash from the BIOS menu?

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.