Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion A10
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The screen froze with the screensaver 3D logo in a tinyshrunken box on my trusty Pavillion A10. It was unresponsive to keyboard or mouse input (wouldn't wake up), so I powered it down with the front panel push button and powered it back up but...it wouldn't boot. No beeps, no text, nothing on the screen. I powered it down and pulled the RAM and powered it back up and got 5 beeps. I was hoping it might be the PSU, so I pulled it and switched it out in another system and that system booted so it's not the PSU. This system has been in a clean air conditioned environment on a surge protector. When I pulled the lid, the interior was unusually clean and lint free.

Are there any other tests I can do?

Is my Mobo toast?

Thanks for any response,

Mike

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @mikeinsantarosa,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having issues with the computer won't boot properly, don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you with this concern,

Going through the post as you have already mentioned that the PSU works fine on another computer this could possibly be a hardware failure with the Motherboard or the CPU. Before you could contact our HP phone support, I would suggest you follow these steps here:

To provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

What is the sequence of the blinks or beeps?

Please click on the below links once you identify the blink code and resolve the issue: 

Computer Does Not Start and Emits a LED or Beep Code 

If the issue persists, I would personally suggest this could be a hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service options. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.