Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello

I don't know what happened. It is gone.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Hello

Will try again.

Look at motherboard diagram in previous post.

HP install motherboard in PC upside down.

Work on PC in an anti-static area (no carpet). Unplug PC from AC power before working inside the PC and making connections or touching components. Touch metal on case every so often to place yourself on same electrical level as motherboard.

Replace motherboard battery that seems to be located near RAM slot in top right area of motherboard. This will reset CMOS.

Two power connections to the motherboard must be made:

1. 24 pin to connection by RAM slots. Connection is keyed, it only connects one way.

2. 4 pin connection to CPU. Again, also keyed to fit one way.

Front power switch and LED connect near SATA ports. It may be keyed. This connection is not like after market motherboards.

Audio for front of PC connects near bottom PCIe x1 slot, also keyed.

Front USB 2/card reader connects to USB 2.0 header on bottom of motherboard.

Try RAM in slot one and two to see if bad slot. Could also be bad RAM.

Connect PC using onboard graphics DVI port to monitor after making above connection and boot PC to see if it will POST with video and error message "no boot disk has been found". 

Then try legacy add in graphics card using DVI cable. Your PC does not have a VGA port for onboard graphics. Make sure retention latch on PCIe x16 slot is depressed when you install the graphics card or you could damage the card or x16 slot.

If PC will not POST then there is other problem. If PC will POST then you can connect power and data for CD/DVD and HDD. System should now boot as you have used HDD in different PC.

No POST means possible power supply, motherboard, or CPU problem.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Again thanks for the VERY STEP-BY-STEP instructions.

I would try it today.

Salute.

HP Recommended

Hello

Very good luck. Hope you can POST.

I have feeling the symptom is not the problem.

No video does not always mean it is a graphics problem.

Green light in power supply does not always mean the power supply can power system.

I think it is motherboard or power supply. This is why you get no error beeps when power on system.

My PC:
Corsair Obsidian 450 D
Asus Pro Gaming Motherboard
GSkill Ripjaws RAM
Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Nvidia GTX 970 graphics card

Windows 7 Pro or Windows 10 Pro

Grzy

HP Recommended

Still looking for a DDR3 ram piece for final testing.

Please be patient and be optimistic (myself ...)!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi Frankie

Trying to fix a broken PC is time consuming.

Take your time.

Let me know if you need more help.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Sir (Teacher),

Just want to report I have obtained one piece (brand new) of DDR3 1066 (2Gb) and replaced the current one.

Unluckily NOTHING happened. (still no sound no screen (and of course no POST)).

That leaves either mobo or the video.

I would obtain an old VGA card for the mystery solution.

Please be patient .....

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello Frankie

PC does not have VGA port. Use VGA but need a DVI adapter to connect to PC.

Grzy

HP Recommended

I am back. 

I have obtained a PCI-E video card but it is still the same with NO response (neither screen nor sound).

Actually I still have a connector (white 4 pin) which I do not know where to plug to the mobo. (It originated from the top part of the front panel).

Is it that one which affects all!?

Thanks all for the patience.

HP Recommended

Hello Frankie

Any LED lights on tower? Any activity such as fans or anything to indicate the system powers on?

A four pin connector could be to power the CPU. If this connection is not made the PC will not boot.

But this connection would go back to the power supply. A small four pin connector coming from the front of the tower could be for the power switch and LED power or HDD LED activity lights.

Is the connector square and what size is it? Can you send a pic of the connector?

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.