Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just the time I would like to post and how to attach pictures, I figure out now.

Please refer to the below attached pics 1. mobo1 2.mobo2 3.white connector.

Fans for case and CPU are running.

Thanks.

mobo1.gif

mobo2.gif

WhiteConnector.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello

Frankie, that looks like the front USB 3 connector.

It will plug in to the white header in your second picture. You can use either four pin set on the motherboard header. Line up the connector so the blank (no pin) matches the empty pinout on the motherboard header. Four motherboard pins line up with four openings on the connector.

That header should have an ID such as F_usb3 etched on the board near the connector. If it does not then check the MB perimeter for a header with F_usb3 on the MB.

Grzy

HP Recommended

I am back for responding and now getting some advance.

The white connector is actually from the front panel - card reader and I did plug in the f_usb3.

After tuning the CMOS battery the front panel has the led light on.

I was once succesfully booted and run the computer, only once with new PSU and Ram.

Now my problem there is 3 beeps when booting and the bright LED turns to amber (flashing).

What is the issue by your judgement? (do I need to reset CMOS !? if yes what jumper to start ?)

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello Frankie

The front USB card reader is USB 2.0 not USB 3.0. It should be connected to USB 2.0 header on motherboard. I thought it was the front/top USB 3.0 connector based on my HP PC connections to motherboard. USB 2.0 connection on typical motherboards are 9-1 pin, HP uses different connections. USB 3.0 connection on other motherboards are not the same as HP uses. Disconnect it to see if it will help the boot process.

HP has beep error codes at this HP Support site.

Three beeps with AMI BIOS could be any of these:

1. BIOS image corrupt

2. CPU error

3. Memory error

4. Media error

Easy way to reset BIOS is to pull CR 2032 battery with PC off and unplugged from AC outlet, then wait about 10 minutes. Now reinstall battery and see what happens.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.