Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since we bought our computer in Oct. 2014, we have had numerous problems with startup, driver problems, boot issues, graphics card issues and more. It has been supposedly fixed once by the retailer bu still there is issues. The biggest problem is startup:- it either freezes, has error messages that say cerain drivers not found or disk not detected even though when checked it is. Also, we have performed numerous hard resets which are just a quick temporary fix and problems return. We pay monthly for a service agreement with the retailer, but they mainly just try to get you to take our computer into the store for repair....NOT HAPPY as since the third day we bought it there have been problems and we did not buy a computer to sit in a workshop continually, not at the price we paid coupled with the monthly fee for whatr amounts to nothing. Is there something we can do to fix this without driving miles and being without a computer that we actually bought to USE??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Without wishing to compromise your contract, I can suggest

SYSINTERNALS  which is a suite of tiny little apps that can help.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default

Now only 3 or 4 are likely to be beneficial, and some won't run at all because they are for servers etc.

So of particular interest might be...

AutoRuns

LoadOrder

RamMap (maybe)

Contig (maybe)

PageDfrg

ROOTKITREVEALER

DiskView (maybe)

psinfo (not really)

psping (not really)

After you have tried a few please ask if there is anything to be interpreted.

I would suggest turning off auto-updates if you can.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

Without wishing to compromise your contract, I can suggest

SYSINTERNALS  which is a suite of tiny little apps that can help.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default

Now only 3 or 4 are likely to be beneficial, and some won't run at all because they are for servers etc.

So of particular interest might be...

AutoRuns

LoadOrder

RamMap (maybe)

Contig (maybe)

PageDfrg

ROOTKITREVEALER

DiskView (maybe)

psinfo (not really)

psping (not really)

After you have tried a few please ask if there is anything to be interpreted.

I would suggest turning off auto-updates if you can.

HP Recommended
Many thanks for your help. We will try this and if we need help with interpretation I will seek your help.
Thank you for giving us hope!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.