Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello. I had the same problem until I installed the firmware sp55435.exe ( from  http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?swItem=vc-100544-1&lang=en&... ) and it worked 🙂

HP Recommended

After 2 years my AD 7251H% became unresponsive.  One minute it was working the next it doesn't recognize any disks.

Like others I have tried to troubleshoot but it's pretty futile when no media is recognized at all.  Reinstalled drivers but that is obviously not the issue as Device Manager says the device is working properly and it is seen both there and in My Computer.

My hopes were raised when I saw the firmware upgrade but alas no joy.  I just hope it isn't something more severe than a dead Drive and that a replacement will fix the issue.  First time I've ever had a bad optical drive.

Now how do I get this thing out?

HP Recommended

The DVD RW AD-7251H5 SCSI CDROM device on my Pavillion HP has stopped working. The device shows an error message in the Device Manager saying that the driver has been disabled and that some other driver may be controlling this device (error code 32).

Like others have already posted, troubleshooting scans reveal this driver has been disabled. Queries for update to this driver reply that the current driver is up to date.

Attempts to uninstall this device and let Windows reinstall it fail to produce any different or improved result.

How can I remove the windows driver for this device and replace it with one that works or does not conflict with whatever driver has caused this problem?

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Would you please help. I have been having a problem with the  CD/DVD drive reading my DVDs (half the time). I went into the device Manager then into  the device  properties and discovered that there is nothing selected in the current region section, could this be the reason why I am having a difficult time getting the DVD driver to read/burn? I checked to see if there was any updates ect. and it say's all is fine with the DVD Drive.

Thank-You,

Pam

HP Recommended

I noted that...however, it does not look like the firmware update works with Win8, just 7. I am going to try it anyway though.

HP Recommended

dvd not working

HP Recommended

oh dear HP what do you say to that??....100's of owners of your PC;'s ALL with Drive issues and you give up trying to help by the looks of things,im an owner of a i3 HP 340ukElite(what was ELITE about it i do not know!).now three and half years on it has NO original parts left inside it!...what does that tell you!!....i seriously cannot see you still around ten years from now when you keep on dishing out crap like this with useless parts that aint worth a penny!let alone the £8oo pounds you charged me for this tower!....its cost me half that to replce all those parts!....Never again will i buy HP...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.