Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Pavilion p7-1126s, Windows 7 64-bit .  Brand new, just set everything up tonight.  The tray will not stay closed.  It will remain open for awhile and then automatically close.  It will stay closed for about 3 seconds and open up again.  It just keeps going through the same process.  Any help is appreciated.  TIA

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Sent you an email,

here is a copy of it:

The issue might have occurred due to a software glitch and a simple restart may fix the issue however if it does not then please perform the following steps to resolve the issue:

Hard Boot

1. Turn off the PC.
  2. Unplug the power cord.
  3. Disconnect all the peripherals connected to the PC, including the USB device, speakers, keyboard and mouse.
  4. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
  5. Reconnect the devices and restart the system.

Reseat the DVD Drive

Please remove and reinstall the DVD drive as instructed in the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02905554

Note:  If the link does not open by clicking on it, please copy and paste the entire link on your Web-Browser and then hit the Enter key.

This should resolve the issue however if it does not then please get back to us and we will take the case further to resolve the issue at the earliest.

||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
HP Recommended

I tried all the recommend fixes.  All good ideas, but what worked for me was to buy an new DVD drive.  I appreciated the link to the video about how to open the PC and remove the DVD drive.  Made replacing the DVD with a new one easy!  Thanks so much for posting!

HP Recommended

cd/dvd drive refuses to stay closed

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.