Question

Highlighted
Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,823 Views)
Accepted Solution

DVD Movies not recognised on HP S3542

I am having a few difficulties with my new pc when wanting to watch movie DVD's.  I have no problem playing or recording data cd's, music cd's, and no problems with recording data DVD's but when I place a UK PAL 2 movie DVD into the drive it does not recognise it.  I have tried re-installing drivers, updating drivers, ran hardware diognosis and sent various e-mails to HP for help but all they give me are generic help files which do not solve the problem.  Has anyone else had a similar problem or know how to fix it?

Accepted Solution

Re: DVD Movies not recognised on HP S3542

Hi Mister_Do,

Thanks for your reply, this was my initial thought but I didnt know how to change my region code.  I just changed it then as no region was selected and chose UK.  Unfortunately it didnt work.

Many thanks for the suggestion though!  Any other suggestions?

Maroon...

View solution in context
Professor
Message 2 of 4 (1,815 Views)

Hi Maroon,

It's possible your region code is not set correct on your DVD drive. Try going to Device Manager (Click Start, righ-click Computer, select Properties, click Device Manager).

Expand the CD/DVD devices, right-click your DVD drive and select Properties. There should be a Region tab. See if the region listed is correct for your DVDs.

Let us know how it goes.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (1,805 Views)

Hi Mister_Do,

Thanks for your reply, this was my initial thought but I didnt know how to change my region code.  I just changed it then as no region was selected and chose UK.  Unfortunately it didnt work.

Many thanks for the suggestion though!  Any other suggestions?

Maroon...

Top Student
Message 4 of 4 (1,561 Views)

DVD drive is now being replaced as it seems to be a fault with the drive.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation