Question

Honor Student
pedsnurse622
Message 1 of 7 (19,090 Views)
Accepted Solution

Burned DVD won't play on DVD player

I have downloaded a 22 minute video that I would like to burn to a DVD to play in my DVD player.  I have attempted on both DVD-R and DVD+R.  They burn to the disc but will not play on the DVD player.  The error message states that playback may not be available on this disk.  I have used the windows support search to problem solve on my own but have had no success.  I have ensured that I am selecting the CD/DVD player option to utilize the Mastered format.  I have gone into my option and have no filters on.  I have the video format on NTSC since I am from Pennsylvania/US.  I have not tried to burn it on slow or medium speed because it does burn to the DVD without problem it just won't playback on the DVD player.  What do you recommend as my next course of action for troubleshooting.

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 2 of 7 (19,070 Views)

Re: Burned DVD won't play on DVD player

[ Edited ]

Are you using DVD+R r/w media?  Download and try Imgburn.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 3 of 7 (19,064 Views)

I would suspect that the video is not DVD Mpeg2 compliant.  Depending on the DVD player, some will play other formats, also.  If there are no video authoring programs on the computer, try Windows Movie Maker (free) to see if the video needs too be converted to DVD Mpeg2 standards.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
pedsnurse622
Message 4 of 7 (19,011 Views)

TheOldMan,

I installed the free Windows movie maker and that did the trick.  I burned my DVD and played it on my DVD player and no problems.  Thank you so much.  Kudos to you for taking the time to help me resolve this problem.  I sincerely appreciate it.

Pedsnurse622

Student
NJSnyder
Message 5 of 7 (18,450 Views)

I put some photos on a DVD using the software for dvd movies (Movie Maker)...  It shows video burned to DVD -- and eventhough using movie maker -- it would not play on the DVD player.  Nothing would happen.

Student
ronanne
Message 6 of 7 (18,280 Views)

I burned a DVD of tv programme and it plays perfectly on Pc but will not play on DVD player or DVD/TV  I have now downloaded a trial version of Nero and burned a copy on that but still won't play on DVD.

Can anyone please help?

Student
ineedhelp65
Message 7 of 7 (16,558 Views)

[ Edited ]

It plays on Toshiba DVD player but not my samsung, the dvd is pictures with music added

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation