Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Similar problem....as soon as the Pavilion began to run hot the DVD drive which appeared in "My Computer." (but was noted as a drive in the DOS boot up sequence)...disappeared...ran for a few secs on boot up, but then went awol....went old school on this problem...was the heat frtizing the connections due to silly internal architecture.?.....took a powerful vacuum cleaner and vaccuumed all the grills and grids at the bottom of the laptop..appears that heatsink and fans were all blocked with 2 years of fluff and stuff....laptop runs quiter and cool again and the DVD works....simples (phew)

HP Recommended

I have an HP DV6500 those DVD is no longer recognized. No help from HP. Or should I say HP India which tried... smart people without answers. This really comes down to two dieing companies, HP and MS who no longer have the revenue and therefore the resources to take care of their customer let alone be innovation leaders.

HP Recommended

Pushing in the E: gate solved the same problem I have had on a Presario A900; it would randomly disappear and then re-appear. Thank you all. Surely these are not the 2 only HPs with a sorry electo/mechanical fault like an iffy connector. Maybe a recall or at leas good diagnostics (a s/w patch) is in order.

HP Recommended

please how can i do?

HP Recommended

when I go to the page there is no run for the fix link on the first page

HP Recommended

My Dvd rom is now fixed thanks to you! Youre the man SteveDur!

HP Recommended

this post and magic disc brought my drive back thanks 

HP Recommended

I followed David PK's instruction and finally succeeded in regaining my long gone DVD drive. It was in fact a simple and fast remedy. Many thanks.

GH

HP Recommended

Hello to everyone...

I have the hp Pavilion dv6500...

I have the same issues with booting... I connected an externel dvd and inide windows everything is ok, but when comes to the booting time to make the format, nothing...

In bios every usb gone first, but the only thing dvd do is flashing, you can hear the noise like as reading from disk and stops and laptop boots into windows...

Tried the external to other computer and works perfect...

At start, after pressing F9, the only thing I see is hdd...

Any solution ???

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my CD/DVD,  it disapeared from my ystem I have done everything I can and the software is not coming back even with an external DVD am not able to burn CD's it keeps freezing in the process, I had re-isntalled all the software on my computer as new and still the software for the DVD is not being installed.

HELP!! any advise is welcome

JPPalacios

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.