Question

Top Student
Maroon
Message 1 of 4 (1,747 Views)
Accepted Solution

DVD Movies not recognised on HP S3542

I am having a few difficulties with my new pc when wanting to watch movie DVD's.  I have no problem playing or recording data cd's, music cd's, and no problems with recording data DVD's but when I place a UK PAL 2 movie DVD into the drive it does not recognise it.  I have tried re-installing drivers, updating drivers, ran hardware diognosis and sent various e-mails to HP for help but all they give me are generic help files which do not solve the problem.  Has anyone else had a similar problem or know how to fix it?

Professor
Mister_Do
Message 2 of 4 (1,739 Views)

Re: DVD Movies not recognised on HP S3542

Hi Maroon,

It's possible your region code is not set correct on your DVD drive. Try going to Device Manager (Click Start, righ-click Computer, select Properties, click Device Manager).

Expand the CD/DVD devices, right-click your DVD drive and select Properties. There should be a Region tab. See if the region listed is correct for your DVDs.

Let us know how it goes.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
Top Student
Maroon
Message 3 of 4 (1,729 Views)

Hi Mister_Do,

Thanks for your reply, this was my initial thought but I didnt know how to change my region code.  I just changed it then as no region was selected and chose UK.  Unfortunately it didnt work.

Many thanks for the suggestion though!  Any other suggestions?

Maroon...

Top Student
Maroon
Message 4 of 4 (1,485 Views)

DVD drive is now being replaced as it seems to be a fault with the drive.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation