Question

Top Student
Underling
Message 1 of 8 (6,609 Views)

HP-BD340i BluRay Burner 12X

I have done a lot of searching, it is not even listed here in HP for information, I am looking for information that could lead to a firmware update also I want to know what is the OEM version to this drive is, many problems I have read in many places not just this forum, that has lead me to believe that this drive is in serious demand for a firmware update, and need to know OEM, HP seems to not want to give info about this let alone a firmware revision.

Why do I need to know the OEM, well I need to know the correct specs of this drive, not just what HP would show us...if it would show us, like the brand of chips inside drive.

Thanks in advance.

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 2 of 8 (6,599 Views)

Re: HP-BD340i BluRay Burner 12X

Try http://www.videohelp.com/

What problems are you having and what media manufacturer are you using?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Top Student
Underling
Message 3 of 8 (6,571 Views)

Apparently Big Dave you either did not read what I had to say or you have posted in wrong article, I am requesting a firmware from HP since this is HP forum or at least the OEM for this drive HP-BD340i.

I know videohelp can help on certain things but this is an HP forum here, what they have there is not related really, thanks anyway.........can somebody help that actually works for HP here???

Top Student
Underling
Message 4 of 8 (6,566 Views)

HP-BD340i BluRay Burner 12X

I have done a lot of searching, it is not even listed here in HP for information, I am looking for information that could lead to a firmware update also I want to know what is the OEM version to this drive is, many problems I have read in many places not just this forum, that has lead me to believe that this drive is in serious demand for a firmware update, and need to know OEM, HP seems to not want to give info about this let alone a firmware revision.

Why do I need to know the OEM, well I need to know the correct specs of this drive, not just what HP would show us...if it would show us, like the brand of chips inside drive.

Thanks in advance.

PS. I need help from somebody who actually can help, not by sending somewhere to post up same info, especially when this is the forum for HP!!!

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 5 of 8 (6,558 Views)

[ Edited ]

Underling,

You will need to go "offisite" to find an equalivent firmware drive update. Even then you risk bricking your drive.  The information that you asking asking for is not published by HP. This is a user forum and not a ploace to request that HP provide a firmware update.

What specific problems are you experiencing with the HP-BD340i BluRay Burner?

I have used other offisite posts to find firmware updates for equalivent drives. You might not find what you are looking for.

At least one user on the net did contact HP support and got a firmware update.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Top Student
Underling
Message 6 of 8 (6,533 Views)

Sorry, my bad, a user forum, I was sure under the impression there was somebody from HP support helping people on this site since it does say HP Support Forum, how can it properly be called a Support Forum if support really isn't there?

Yes support for why certain programs don't work with drive or the media too, but that can in some cases or even most cases be because the drive needs a firmware update to fix problems associated to this drive.

My goal if this was support which I have already tried emailing support and no reply at all over 3 weeks ago, what is a proper email address I can use to get a proper question to a proper HP support for this?

I am at least asking for a firmware revision on a faulty drive people are having problems with or what the oem part is for this drive, I suspect it being a Lite-On drive, iHBS212 to be exact, but can't find info no where.

I may not be having problems now with it because I have pretty good media (assume), I have really had one coaster in about 50 on Maxell DVD-r...brown label..RITEKF1 media. I have used them to back up a movie collection and so far I have tested everyone of them to come on and start playing, as for being corrupted within the movies I am unsure of.

I am assuming this drive was first had the OK to go ahead and use HP advertising as well as labeling and stamping the HP logo on the drive and somehow HP backed out of it and this is actually a Lite-On, in which if HP is not going to actually support this drive we can actually get the OEM drives firmware and cross-flash it with a suspected Lite-On firmware which they do in fact do many lengths in corrections/problems with firmware revisions.

Tiger Direct may say they support their products but not this one so they are not a helping hand either, they advertise this as their drive as well but really they don't want to have nothing to do with it.

No I don't want to brick my own drive, and neither does anybody else, that is why I am asking.

Top Student
Underling
Message 7 of 8 (6,523 Views)

[ Edited ]

I may have an answer...if anybody keeping up, I have looked up certain codes that was on the drive itself way in a corner and found in asian language translated:

Model for the ATAPI iHBS212 2, the development model for the DH-12B2LH, which
i       H       B          S       2      12         2 i H B S 2 12 2
内置半高  蓝光刻录   串口   光雕   速度    产品代数同类产品为iHBS112(不带光雕),将来衍生产品可能有iHBS312-612,衍生OEM产品可能有DH12B2S,DH8B2S,DH6B2S等等。 Built-in Blu-ray recorder at half speed serial LightScribe product algebra similar products iHBS112 (without LightScribe), future derivatives may have iHBS312-612, derived from OEM products may have DH12B2S, DH8B2S, DH6B2S and so on.

In very top right corner you will see PLD-DH-12B2LH (B)

also found this:

BD Rewriter
Made by: Philips & LiteON Digital Solutions Corp
Date Listed: 3/12/2010

Model:
DH-12B2LH, DH-12B2SH
Part #: NA
Revision: 5VUE, CVUE
Test ID: 001030406 / Interop Level: 1.3  
Features:

SSC/ SSP/ ASR/ IPMd/ IPMh/

Student
samsamf
Message 8 of 8 (6,255 Views)

WIll the HP-BD340i burn to BluRay Dual Layer disc, and if so which type(s) - I've seen BD-R dual layer media disc's for sale.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation