Re: How do you burn avi files to a DVD? (20725 Views)
Student
inmanjames
Message 1 of 7 (21,031 Views)

How do you burn avi files to a DVD?

I want to burn a movie to a dvd but the problem is that this movie is in the .avi format.) Is it possible to burn a .avi file to a dvd. Also tell me how to get this to work. are you familiar with any program which will help me in this matter. Please suggest a suitable burner application. 
Appreciate your early reply so much.

I want to burn a movie to a dvd but the problem is that this movie is in the .avi format. Is it possible to burn a .avi file to a dvd. Also tell me how to get this to work. are you familiar with any program which will help me in this matter. Please suggest a suitable burner application.

Appreciate your early reply so much...

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 7 (21,021 Views)

Re: How do you burn avi files to a DVD?

Hi inmanjames,

You can burn a .avi file directly to a dvd but unless you have a player capable of playing the file within the .avi container, it won't work.  Often files within a .avi container are encoded in the xvid or divx codec.  If you only wish to play these files on a computer there are plenty of free codec packs you can install which will allow you to do this.  A good example of this is on the link here.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/

However, if you wish to play these movies in a dvd player you will first need to convert the .avi in to a suitable format.  The program on the link below is excellent at this and will also handle burning the converted .avi to a blank dvd, however it is not free.

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

Hope this helps,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 3 of 7 (20,866 Views)

There is free software that works quite well: http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php

This will make most any video file usable in a standard DVD player.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
dogxa
Message 4 of 7 (20,725 Views)

How about Aneesoft DVD show, an popular DVD burner software

Honor Student
jae621
Message 5 of 7 (20,693 Views)

dont  use  anything  from  filehippo.com  have  found  files  infected  with  virus,s    convert x to dvd  works  great  with  avi  and  all  other  formats  check  out  cnet.com  or  downloads.com   or  you  may  have  to  buy  the  software .

Honor Student
Andie608
Message 6 of 7 (19,889 Views)

You can use a avi to dvd  converter , Then following the steps , it is an easy work . You can do that youself .

Honor Student
Andie608
Message 7 of 7 (19,874 Views)

[ Edited ]

I forgot to tell you what is kind converter you should use , you can use an avi to dvd converter .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation