Question

Student
robbie1kenobe
Message 1 of 2 (1,098 Views)

Pavilion Slimline DVD drives and eject wire...

I tried to replace the DVD drive on my Pavilion Slimline with an HP dvd1270i DVD drive. Had no problems installing it until I tried to plug the eject wire to a plug on the new DVD drive. Problem is, there's no plug on this drive to attach the eject wire to. The DVD drive that originally came with the Slimline does have this plug. Can someone recommend a DVD drive for the Slimline that does have a plug for the eject wire? Or is there a way to transfer the plug from the old drive to the new drive? Thanks in advance... 

Student
valentinow123
Message 2 of 2 (918 Views)

Re: Pavilion Slimline DVD drives and eject wire...

[ Edited ]

I have similar problem on my micro PC case from HP

CD rom tray has not mechanical device for ejecting media but electrical switch instead.

There is no chance to reach eject button on DVD ROM, because it's hidden under doors on the case.

And that {Content Removed: Language Filter Evasion}non standard HP connector for opening CD used on case is not compatible with any DVD ROM I can find in my local store including HP products.

And nobody knows anything about that. :smileywink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation