TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L SuperMulti DVD Burner will not recognize or burn DVD's (7724 Views)
Top Student
afis17
Message 1 of 14 (7,724 Views)

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L SuperMulti DVD Burner will not recognize or burn DVD's

I have an HP Pavilion a1630n with Windows XP Media Center. The problem is I have been burning CD'S with files for years, but recently I tried to burn DVD's, because of the amount of files I have would use way to many CD's, but the drive will not recognize or burn the DVD's. I have tried Both DVD-RW and DVD+RW, and same result. The light on the drive just keeps flashing or the pragram I am using to burn says "No disk in the device". I have been using Nero InCD to format the CD's and use them like big floppy's but when I try to use it with DVD's no luck. I even tried using the Sonic program that came with the computer and same results. No matter what way I try it will not write to the DVD's. I can watch pre-recorded DVD's like movies, etc., but I just can't write to them. Any help would be appreciated.

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 2 of 14 (7,718 Views)

Re: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L SuperMulti DVD Burner will not recognize or burn DVD's

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Check here for a firmware update.

Download and give Imgburn a try and see if it can burn a DVD.

It's possible that the drive is now bad. CDs and DVDs use different lasers.

You can also use Imgburn to find firmware updates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-3770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Top Student
afis17
Message 3 of 14 (7,696 Views)

Re: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L SuperMulti DVD Burner will not recognize or burn DVD's

Hi,

When I did the search for updates on Firmware HQ it showed 3 different updates. How do I know which one to use, or should I do all 3? This is what it shows:

Samsung TS-H652L
The following files are available for download for the drive:
Samsung TS-H652L
SC01 3rd April, 2007 TS-H652L_SC01.exe
 0803 27th October, 2006 sp26842.exe
 SC00 17th March, 2006 TS-H652L_SC00.bin

Please advise if you can. Thanks for your help!

Top Student
afis17
Message 4 of 14 (7,666 Views)

Can anyone answer this? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Distinguished Professor
TheOldMan
Message 5 of 14 (7,659 Views)

I found the webpage that had all three of those firmware updates.  Usually the one with the latest date is the one of choice, in other words the

SC013rd April, 2007TS-H652L_SC01.exe

{---------- Please click the "White Kudos" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Top Student
afis17
Message 6 of 14 (7,650 Views)

When I downloaded and tried to install this update I received a message that reads: " This Firmware is not compatible with the selected drive. Contact your system manufacturer for information on firmware updates available for this drive". Any ideas?

Thanks

Distinguished Professor
TheOldMan
Message 7 of 14 (7,642 Views)

This one appears to be a HP file:  0803 27th October, 2006 sp26842.exe, so try that.  If it gives the same message, it is possible the drive has failed.

Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

Top Student
afis17
Message 8 of 14 (7,634 Views)

I downloaded and installed this update, and it did update. I checked Device Manager after the install and it did change to 0803, but when I tried to write a dvd still same results as it had been. I still keep getting the same messages either no disk in device, or the light just keeps flashing, etc. Any other ideas? I am baffled.

Distinguished Professor
TheOldMan
Message 9 of 14 (7,631 Views)

I have reread the first post and had missed the fact that InCD was being used.  I was not aware that was still around, but have read numerous posts about that causing problems.  Packet writing software, which InCD is, has a bad reputation with causing many problems with CD/DVD drives.  My advice would be to uninstall InCD, then read this and try the FixIt:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060

Top Student
afis17
Message 10 of 14 (7,619 Views)

I uninstalled Nero and InCD then read and ran the Fixit, and the results said "The selected drive is not capable of writing", then took me to another solution to try, which was titled "CD-R drive or CD-RW drive is not recognized as a recordable device", but when I read the instructions before I changed any of the registry I looked at where it told you how to verify that Windows recognizes the drive as a recordable device, and it does. When I right click on the drive letter and hit properties the Recording tab is present. Now I am even more confused. Any more ideas?

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation