Unable to read CD in HP TouchSmart 300 on Drive E (1610 Views)
Honor Student
tomflvt
Message 1 of 3 (1,610 Views)

Unable to read CD in HP TouchSmart 300 on Drive E

I have new TouchSmart 300 desktop and I am trying to read some CD's that contain pictures. It appears that CD loads OK but then it is ejected and a message to insert a disk. The copied DC's are CD-RW. They worked fine on my previous Dell desktop,

Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 2 of 3 (1,598 Views)

Re: Unable to read CD in HP TouchSmart 300 on Drive E

Some RW burns can be flaky when viewed on other hardware. If other CDs work well  and you can burn RW and read RWs from the same PC, to me this is par for the course. You can always uyse a USB thumb drive to transfer.

My personal opinion is not to use RW for inter-PC transfers or if you want to play the files on other hardware. I always use +R or a USB storage device.

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Student
GaleCC
Message 3 of 3 (1,395 Views)

Re: Unable to read CD in HP TouchSmart 300 on Drive E

I am trying to install a driver from a cd.  The drive will not read it!  Just sying use a thumbnail drive is not an option.  the real question is why won't this coputer, which I paid for knowing there was a cd drive, work?  How do I play music from CD's how do I install drivers fro CD's howdo i burn pictures and files I need to US mail to cd's?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation