Question

Honor Student
AndersJensen
Message 1 of 3 (11,659 Views)

hp DVD-RAM GH40L ATA not recognized windows 7

Hi

Have a CQ5355SC, and the dvd-rom is not working in windows 7, I tryed Mr. Fixit from microsoft and that dident fix it.

Device Manager, shows it as "hp DVD-RAM GH40L ATA Device" with a "!" not working.
tryed many things like removing it, and getting windows 7 to reinstall it, but still the same...

also tryed Support & Drivers, but no dvd drivers...

any one ?

/Anders

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (11,638 Views)

Re: hp DVD-RAM GH40L ATA not recognized windows 7

Hi,

In Device Manager, open the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers tree.  Right click on each channel and select Uninstall.  When all the channels have been uninstalled, reboot the PC and let Windows re-install the devices.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
chantllylc1230
Message 3 of 3 (7,422 Views)

Re: hp DVD-RAM GH40L ATA not recognized windows 7

I am having this same problem.  I did as your instructions stated.  Everything reloaded except the driver for this device.  Is there a driver that I can download and install manually?  This device was working when I purchased this pc and Windows 7 - 64-bit was the originallly installed working system.  All I can think of is that an update somewhere along the way caused this device not to work.  Please help!  This is very frustrating. =(

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation