Question

Honor Student
bdale
Message 1 of 2 (1,495 Views)
Accepted Solution

Will Nvidia G-Force gtx 560 Graphics card work in my Pavilion Elite HPE 500F pc?

I have a Pavilion Elite HPE 500 F PC, Product # BV535AA#ABA  Running Win 7. Will a Nvidia G force GTX 560 Graphics card be compatible in my computer? The card that I am using now in my computer is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 mb of DDR3 Memory.

Grad Student
MikeTechMan
Message 2 of 2 (1,486 Views)

Re: Will Nvidia G-Force gtx 560 Graphics card work in my Pavilion Elite HPE 500F pc?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Your computer/motherboard does have:

Expansion Slots:

• 1 PCI Express x16 2.0 slot for graphics card, support video card (2.0, 2.1)
  • 3 PCI Express x1 slots
  • 1 PCI Express x1 minicard slot

You can use any kind nVidia or ATI video card you want, you have to upgrade you power supply, only if going to install high-end graphics card.

The specifications for your PC indicate a 460Wwatt power supply.  Open up your PC and read the lablel on the power supply to to make sure that is the correct size.

Nvidia  Geforce GTX 560 video card will need a 500+ watt power supply. As a precaution, you will need to do some measuring inside you PC to make sure that the card will fit.

Hope this helps?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation