Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I havge a HP PAVILION 500-130a Desktop , Product No: 4CE346024S and I am wishing to upgrade the Graphics card to one that is suitable for me to play some games (COD Infinate Warfare) as the inbuilt card is not able to support this game, please supply a list of compatable graphics cards that I may be able to use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Pops514 wrote:

Thanks for your input I have already upgraded PSU to 550w so now just after suitable Graphics card.

Perfect greetings, my friend ... If the answer was useful please mark it as a solution, so other users will be able to see the solution sooner.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI:

There is no list of compatible graphics, its board is quite limited by the UEFI BIOS (legacy boot, shutdown boot safe, it is possible that I can move a GTX 750 or HD 7770 , whenever you get a BIOS update, at least Version 8 but my recommendation would be:

http://www.pc-specs.com/mobo/MSI/MSI_MS-7778_(Jasmine)/1982

-GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7850

You will have to think about expanding the PSU, since the connections vary and it is recommended a greater of 400 W.

There is a certain problem with the limitation of the PCI port and the motherboard in general, as indicated if HP does not offer a BIOS update, you will have problem to move GTX graphics, AMD graphics are more compatible or usually give less problems, in this type Of plates.

Regards.

☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your input I have already upgraded PSU to 550w so now just after suitable Graphics card.

HP Recommended

@Pops514 wrote:

Perfect greetings, my friend ... If the answer was useful please mark it as a solution, so other users will be able to see the solution sooner.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.