Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased the 560-P015HVR just before X-mas in 2016 when it was on sale.  At the time I knew it only came with 8 GB of RAM, and I knew I would want to upgrade it to 16 eventually.  Before purchasing I even communicated with HP Support asking if it came with one 8GB dimm or two 4 GB dimms and was told it came with one 8. 

Now that I've decided to upgrade I opened up the case to check and was not very happy when I saw it actually came with two 4's.  Now I will need to purchase two 8 GB's instead of one if I want to get it to 16 total...  And of course I'll now be stuck with two 4 GB dimms that I have no use for.

I was checking online at Crucual.  Can anyone tell me if this is the best memory for me to choose?  I don't see anywhere to purchase it straight from HP.

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/pavilion-560-p0xx/CT9555769

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GBurnette

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you need information on upgrading your HP 560-p015HVR Desktop PC,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check your HP product specifications to obtain the information you need?

Have you looked at your HP upgrade and service manual guide for details?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

Memory upgrade information

• Dual channel (one DIMM per channel) memory architecture

• Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets

• Supports up to PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133)

• Supports 4 GB and 8 GB UDIMMs

• Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems

NOTE:

32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

• Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

NOTE:

Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.

According to the above information, you can upgrade to a max of 16GB.

And I recommend you Contact HP to purchase it directly from HP:

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.  As soon as I'm back in town I'll give the link a try.

HP Recommended

@GBurnette

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.