Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Changing to legacy worked for me too!  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a Workstation z210 cmt . and same thing . 6 long beeps.

I followed your instructions but I think the workstations' BIOS doesnt have the option to go for legacy mode.

Another somewhere I read that I can disable the secure boot and that would work, but I couldnt even find that option in the BIOS of the workstation.

Could you suggest and help please.

Thanks

HP Recommended

try replacing your keyboard by another one, I think these beeps could be anything not detected quickly on boot, even a keyboard and more if you try quickly keytrokes to access bios ie. 

HP Recommended
I realize this is an old thread but I am having a similar issue. I bought an HP motherboard from an individual with AMD FX 6350 processor, 10GB of ddr3 ram and 460w power supply. No graphics card or hard drive. I installed a BFG Tech geforce 7900 gs oc graphics card and had planned on installing Linux Mint 17 on a hdd I already had. When I push the power button I get a blank screen with 6 long beeps and then it powers down after a minute or so. I have already tried unplugging the psu, removing cmos battery and holding down the power button. I have also been trying for days to cross reference this motherboard and processor to figure out what HP model this was exactly to see if my card was compatible or so I could figure out what graphics card came with this PC from the factory. Im not sure what to do right now.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.