Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello Lil_Lisa27,

I meant that there is no legacy option in the bios...

I still have the old graphic card which has no beep problem so that I can test bios settings.

I uploaded pictures of the options I can see.

Here

Can you help me?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello -Max-,

Thank you for all the information and the screenshots. At this point if you are not able to boot into the legacy option in the BIOS or do not have the option, the card that you are trying to upgrade to is not compatible with your system.

Regards.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Did you update your bios on your motherboard?
HP Recommended

Yes the bios is the latest version which is version 7.16 Rev. A.

HP Recommended
Is the video card that works inboard or an addon?
HP Recommended
Onboard I mean
HP Recommended

The computer came with a Eyefinity Radeon HD 7570 (pci-e card).

Integrated graphics are not available on this motherboard.

(the computer is a H8-1211)

HP Recommended
I suggest calling hp and finding out how to switch to legacy mode.At first I had no option but after updated bios and rebooted option was there.Maybe he know another way or maybe they call it something else
HP Recommended
If the video card didnt come with the system don't bother calling hp. i called and as soon as they heard i installed a video card they said they couldnt help. Apparently installing a new video card voids warranty/support. I never got mine fixed with my old video card. I went out and bought a nvidia 660 gtx and was able to boot just fine.

FYI booting legacy didnt fix my issue so it might not be the fixall everyone seems to think it is or it just could be the system I bought. Who knows lol

Doug
HP Recommended

i love you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.