Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Dave

Thanks so much - this problem was driving me nuts, but your post solved the problem.  Well almost!

Now windows says " Secure Boot isn't configured correctly".  Do I just have to live with this error message or can Inow go back to the UEFI mode?

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  when I switch legacy mode, I get the same message " Secure Boot isn't configured correctly" right above the time.  Is there any way to solve for this message?

The good news is that there are no more beeps at start up.

==========

HP Envy 700 -210XT

Model E9G99AV#ABA

Added: Diamond Radeon HD 7770 PCI-E GPU

HP Recommended

Hello cadom64

You can get that message to go away by installing the KB2902864 for Windows 8.1. Simply download it and install the error message will go away.

Microsoft states this about the update I am having you run "Update removes the "Windows 8.1 SecureBoot isn't configured correctly" watermark in Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2"

I hope this helps you with your issue. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

OK windows 8 is driving me nuts.

I am trying to install an old gforce card into my mom's new PC and after physical install I get 6 long beeps and a no signal message on the monitor. I used the above advice and changed to legacy mode (using the onboard graphics card) and reinstalled my old gforce card. I now get video on the monitor, but it has red squares all over the screen and during windows startup it gives a fatal error and reboots. This is a continual loop. I tried turning the EUFI settings back on and in doing so i get the 6 beeps and no signal again.

her system is:

HP P6-2310

prod # H3Y76AAR#ABA

windows 8 64 bit

the video card I'm trying to install:

e-FeForce 7950 GT

HP Recommended

This Solved A week long Battle for me, i appreciate this

HP Recommended

the same problem with Compaq 100-210ef Desktop PC, but I was in legacy mode,

and was in fact unable to acces bios after these bips, 

trying accessing bios for one hour and nothing,

switched off for an hour and then boot directly on the configuration screen,

decided to bring back to the seller, this one gived it to a technician that says "it's a bug"

and they put back the PC on sale,

so if you're french, and bought this model at darty and have 6 bips, you win 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the answers here, came across this when googling the 6 beeps issue. I have a HP Pavilion 2480ea.

I added a graphics card first day without any problems, except for the startup screen disappearing, which didn't bother me. I replaced my 3.5 hard disk with an SSD today & had the 6 beeps problem.

I couldn't get into the BIOS as it didn't display on startup, presume the extra graphics card wasn't active until Windows booted up.

Removed the new graphics card, went into BIOS & followed the steps below from Big_Dave.

Windows now boots correctly without any beeps, also the startup screen is back as an added bonus.

Thanks to all for your help.

Tap the ESC key after powering up the PC and then go to computer setup (f10). Now go to the Security topics and select Security Boot Configuration and disable secure boot and finally enable legacy mode

HP Recommended

Can you please help me, i understand that i have to change my bios to legacy, but how to i enter the bios? 🙂

HP Recommended

i do not know how to switch my bios to legacy, can you help me, please. the new graphics card i bought will not work with my computer unless i switch to legacy 😄

HP Recommended
Update ur bios firmware if you dont have the option by going to your motherboard website and updating firmware
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.