Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
H5N72AA#ABM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently updated to Windows 10 and this hardware ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_0800 is being listed as a Legacy Device.

Since I upgraded the screen saver and power saving features stop working.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That's an Intel(R) 82802 Firmware Hub Device. I was able to update the driver with Intel MEI Driver [Managment engine Interface] . Try going to your product support page at HP and see if there's a driver for Win 7 or 8.1 and try a manual driver update by unzipping the sp file with 7zip to a folder and point device manger driver update to where you unzip the sp file.

As an example, for my Pavilion dv6 3230tx HP have an Intel MEI drive update sp52353.exe, v6.0.0.1179 from here:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52001-52500/sp52353.exe

I'm not saying that this is the driver for your model, but just to give you an idea. I got that link from my notebook model product page.

7zip if a great free unziping program, from here:

http://www.7-zip.org/

Download the beta version 15.07 at the top right of screan to get the most complete functionality.  Install it then after  you download the sp file from HP support, right click the file and click 7zip>extract here. It will create a folder with a randome name where the drivers are. 

Of course you could simply double click the sp file to install it, but it might not want to install where as a manual driver update just to update that legacy driver should work.

be-well

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

That's an Intel(R) 82802 Firmware Hub Device. I was able to update the driver with Intel MEI Driver [Managment engine Interface] . Try going to your product support page at HP and see if there's a driver for Win 7 or 8.1 and try a manual driver update by unzipping the sp file with 7zip to a folder and point device manger driver update to where you unzip the sp file.

As an example, for my Pavilion dv6 3230tx HP have an Intel MEI drive update sp52353.exe, v6.0.0.1179 from here:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52001-52500/sp52353.exe

I'm not saying that this is the driver for your model, but just to give you an idea. I got that link from my notebook model product page.

7zip if a great free unziping program, from here:

http://www.7-zip.org/

Download the beta version 15.07 at the top right of screan to get the most complete functionality.  Install it then after  you download the sp file from HP support, right click the file and click 7zip>extract here. It will create a folder with a randome name where the drivers are. 

Of course you could simply double click the sp file to install it, but it might not want to install where as a manual driver update just to update that legacy driver should work.

be-well
HP Recommended

Hello everybody, id do have the same problem for some time now and i tried to puzzel it together, but stil am not sure about what to do....i tried al the normal things like this website, upgrading drivers ect ect ...most of all i was wondering what in fact that device was not understanding the problem.

but recently i went look all over the internet for the memory adres mentioned like this

Geheugenadres 0xFF000000-0xFFFFFFFF Systeemkaartbronnen

Geheugenadres 0xFF000000-0xFFFFFFFF Verouderd apparaat

where systeemkaarbrom means motherboard source and below is legacy device...

indeed like menstioned aboce the people who posted their hardware results and had the "legacy" device indentified, always was an intel firmware hub.....and if ii remember well the driver was the same type number ....

It was nowere nor on this HP site nor on intel or whatever...but i came along something interesting ...

here

http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/datashts/290658.htm

Intel® 82802AB/82802AC Firmware Hub (FWH)

The Intel® 82802 Firmware Hub (FWH) component is for use with Intel® 800 series chipsets. The 82802 Firmware Hub is sold as a separate component; it is not included as part of Intel 800 series chipsets.

File Name/Size: 29065804.pdf 482878 bytes Download From: FTP Server Web Server (Available for byte serving) --------------------

Now was hopelessly trying to find out what precisely those 800 series chipsets were, and really i counld not yet find it, not over wikipeida either....but as i notice that this memory adres is everytime the same for a firmware hub intel, or there is mentioned legacy device....

The second thing i realized is that this driver will not be so easy to find with general driver updates, as it is mentioned on the intel site above ....

Further i am not sure if this scan is completely right , it mentions also a firmware hup on that place and it should be delivered by microsoft on the date many of my kernel devices have their driver, and even if some people keep saying it is outdated still i finally come to find it is the right diver..., but meanwhile the device is mentioned as legacy device without further problem codes or whatever ,

i am now looking in the possible connection between this problem and frimwaresettings virualizatiion on , but ill puzzel this tomorrow further ....finding contradicting information like its not possible to do this on windows 10 home, only the bizzness and prof version , and the same is foor booting not bios but uefi ect .....not sure if that was also the case for windows 8 or vista, that could explain for so ma,y its after upgrading to windows 10

here still the windows artiklel on enabling the hyper v on firmware ....,

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/hyperv_on_windows/quick_start/walkthrough_compatibil...

i dont rememeber now precise why i thougt there was a connection, need to sleep over it .....any help and preciser explenation is very welcome, i am puzzeling but neetd to read everything about every detail and still am loosing it or cannot finds for sure what ito do ...just in  general lines for now , hope i bring someone  on some idea with this info, or that i can later add more on this ...

PS my computer is

http://support.hp.com/nl-nl/product/HP-110-200-Desktop-PC-series/5399643/model/6852094

And this link is a scan of nice duth diagnostic program of all hardware , notice that very much of hte basic hardware on the motherboard is from the date  21 06 2006 , just as the "legicy device" ....and that ioften cconsidered correct, even thoug the details on my pc itself mention updated false ....

https://www.scancircle.com/nl/results/hardware/8DC3A4BBD0371259/D08E9602

ill dig deeper into this, as you see i was doning so already few months, finally the inthernetcontroller for a while did not start  while i had connection normally ,and more things like that directly cennected to the rootport and around , so something is not working like it schould, and it is a "memory connected " device  i summose somhow graphic memory of something

Kind greets from Belgium

HP Recommended

This device is equipped with two hardware interfaces. The state of the devices IC (InterfaceConfiguration) pin determines which interface is in use. The interface mode must be selected prior topower-up or before return from reset (RST# or INIT# low-to-high transition). The Intel FWH interface isdesigned to work with the Intel family of I/O Controller Hubs (ICH) during platform operation. The A/A Mux interface is designed as a programming interface for OEMs, for use during motherboard manufacturing or component pre-programming. The A/A Mux interface is not intended for use during regular personal computer operation. Such a configuration would cause the expected (Intel FWH) interface to be disabled, and the system boot sequence would fail upon power-up. An internal Command User Interface (CUI) serves as the internal control center for the nonvolatilememory core in either of the two device interfaces (Intel FWH or A/A Mux). A single valid commandsequence written to the CUI initiates an automated sequence of internal events to complete various tasks. An internal Write State Machine (WSM) automatically executes the algorithms and timings necessary for block erase and program operations. Driving RST# or INIT# low resets the device, which resets the block-lock registers to their default (write-locked) condition and clears the status register. A reset time (tPHQV A/A Mux) is required from RST# or INIT# switching high until outputs are valid. Likewise, the device has a wake time (tPHRH A/A Mux) from RST# or INIT# high until writes to the CUI are recognized. A reset latency will occur if a reset procedure is performed during a programming or erase operation. Resetting the component will put the component back into read-array mode.
Note: There is no chip enable (like CE#) in either interface. Stand-by current control in the Inel FWH interface is enabled automatically, if the Intel FWH4 is high and the device is not working to complete a requested activity.

TL;DR  In other words, its for AMT an MEI, REMOTE Configuration most likely the KVM chip or something, OR, its the hardware  switch between UEFI and LEGACY BIOS, and HYBRID BIOS modes, this is my guess. OR it is for remotely managing/configuring the bios (FIRMWARE) of the PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.