Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
All-in-One 200-5200t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, currently my All-in-One 200-5200t has 4GB of RAM, but I would like to upgrade it to about 16GB. What kind of RAM would I need and what would be the maximum amount I can put into the computer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@NinjaSponge, welcome to the forum.

Here is the memory upgrade information for the computer:

Memory upgrade information:
  • Two DDR3 SO-DIMMs (204-pin) sockets
  • Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, and 4 GB DDR3 DIMMs per socket
  • Supports Dual channel memory architecture
  • Supported speeds
    • PC3-8500 @ 1066 MHz*
    • PC3-6400 @ 800 MHz
      * PC3-10600 may be used but will run at a slower supported speed.
  • Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
  • Supports up to 8 GB on 64-bit PCs (DIMMs run at DDR3-1066)
  • Supports up to 4 GB* on 32-bit PCs
    * Actual available memory may be less.

I have highlighted in orange the maximum memory that is supported by the motherboard and HP.

Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  They make very good memory for OEM computers.  You will have to assure that the new memory matches the existing memory or you won't get the performance that it is capable of providing, since the motherboard supports Dual Channel Architecture.  The best way is to install matching pairs of memory.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@NinjaSponge, welcome to the forum.

Here is the memory upgrade information for the computer:

Memory upgrade information:
  • Two DDR3 SO-DIMMs (204-pin) sockets
  • Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, and 4 GB DDR3 DIMMs per socket
  • Supports Dual channel memory architecture
  • Supported speeds
    • PC3-8500 @ 1066 MHz*
    • PC3-6400 @ 800 MHz
      * PC3-10600 may be used but will run at a slower supported speed.
  • Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
  • Supports up to 8 GB on 64-bit PCs (DIMMs run at DDR3-1066)
  • Supports up to 4 GB* on 32-bit PCs
    * Actual available memory may be less.

I have highlighted in orange the maximum memory that is supported by the motherboard and HP.

Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  They make very good memory for OEM computers.  You will have to assure that the new memory matches the existing memory or you won't get the performance that it is capable of providing, since the motherboard supports Dual Channel Architecture.  The best way is to install matching pairs of memory.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.