Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-550nv
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello. I just wanted to know if i could add one new ssd in my pc case of micro-tower desktop HP Pavilion 500-550nv?

Is there any place into my small case to put ssd adapter and SSD on it?

My pc and my case is that : http://support.hp.com/ro-en/document/c04606884

Thanks in advance. I will be waiting for your answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Nope. SSDs do not rotate and do not heat up much, if any at all. You can also stick it to the sides, but the bottom is the most efficient as far as space goes.

I don't run HP, I just like helping others!

i7-3770 / MSI Z87-G43 / 16GB PNY DDR3 / Aorus RX580 / Ultra X4 750W / Sandisk U110 250GB SSD and 2x WD Velociraptors 300GB / Antec 1100 V2 / NZXT Respire T40 / Corsair SP120 RGB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

No need for an adaptor. What I have seen people do, and what you can do is, double-stick tape it to the bottom of the case. An SSD is very light and compact so that is indeed an option.

i7-3770 / MSI Z87-G43 / 16GB PNY DDR3 / Aorus RX580 / Ultra X4 750W / Sandisk U110 250GB SSD and 2x WD Velociraptors 300GB / Antec 1100 V2 / NZXT Respire T40 / Corsair SP120 RGB
HP Recommended

First of all, thanks for your answer my friend...Double stick tape would not getting hot??? And, is the bottom of the case, the rightest place for placing my ssd?? For example, My HDD is located at the one of the two sides of my case.

HP Recommended

Nope. SSDs do not rotate and do not heat up much, if any at all. You can also stick it to the sides, but the bottom is the most efficient as far as space goes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.