Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
TouchSmart iq500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 10 Pro with a clean install on an HP IQ500 TouchSmart PC.  While all seems to be working well otherwise, I am frequently unable to wake the computer from Sleep mode without manually powering down and back up again. I've read that a possible solution would be to update the BIOS, but I am unable to find any appropriate drivers or other downloads that apply specifically to this machine. There are however, downloads for IQ500.es, IQ500.fr, etc. as well as updates for other IQ models. Any thoughts on what to do next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are very welcome.  Thank you for the additional information.

Here is the Software and Drivers Download page for the computer.  The only BIOS update is for Vista.  This means the it can only be installed when Vista is the booting OS.  There are not drivers for Win 10.  Again, your best option is to run HP and Windows Updates to see if this solves your problem.  Also, you should check the Power Options in the Control Panel. 

I have found that I am having several small problems after upgrading to Win 10.  In fact, I am considering doing a System Recovery back to Win 8.1.  At least, there are drivers for it.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Danhorn928, welcome to the forum.

There is a BIOS update available for your motherboard, but it is for Vista.  It can only be installed in Vista.  It doesn't say anything about your problem in the "Details', however.  If the model of the computer is different from the one that I chose, please let me know.

Your best option is to run HP and Windows Updates to make certain that your software and drivers are fully up to date.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  I am using an IQ500, not IQ505 as on the page you referenced.  Would it contain the same motherboard?

HP Recommended

You are welcome.  Thank you for the additional information.

Which of these computers is yours?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, none of them. When I am asked to Select My Model from the drop-down, mine isn't listed, only others in the series.

HP Recommended

Here is a video that will help you find the model:

HP Recommended

Thanks very much for finding and posting this! I was looking on the back already, but didn't realize that it wasn't the specific model I was looking at, rather the series number. My model is the IQ504 to be sure.

HP Recommended

Here is the Software and Drivers Download page for the computer.  The only BIOS update is for Vista.  This means the it can only be installed when Vista is the booting OS.  There are not drivers for Win 10.  Again, your best option is to run HP and Windows Updates to see if this solves your problem.  Also, you should check the Power Options in the Control Panel. 

I have found that I am having several small problems after upgrading to Win 10.  In fact, I am considering doing a System Recovery back to Win 8.1.  At least, there are drivers for it.

HP Recommended

Right. That seems to be my conclusion as well.  I've since disabled Hybrid Sleep mode, and so far, it seems to have solved the issue. In any case, thanks very much for your assistance.

For anyone else with this issue, you might try disabling Hybrid Sleep mode. Go to Settings>System>Power & Sleep>Additional Power Settings>Change Plan Settings (on whichever plan you are using)>Change Advanced Power Settings>Sleep>Allow Hybrid Sleep>Setting - OFF

HP Recommended

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.