Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pro 3420 Aio pc
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hello. 

I have Hp Pro 3420 Aio pc 

I forget bios password 

I needs remove this password 

please help.

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@gurami, welcome back to the forum.

Here is the only solutions that HP provides:

Power On / BIOS Password

• On HP Desktop PCs there are jumpers on the system board that are designed to remove BIOS passwords
        • Search for the specifications documentation on your PC
        • Find the document outlining the system or motherboard to locate CMOS and or Password Jumpers

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@gurami, welcome back to the forum.

Here is the only solutions that HP provides:

Power On / BIOS Password

• On HP Desktop PCs there are jumpers on the system board that are designed to remove BIOS passwords
        • Search for the specifications documentation on your PC
        • Find the document outlining the system or motherboard to locate CMOS and or Password Jumpers

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

NOT WORKING THIS METHOD 

i ROMEVE CMOS BATERRY 

REMOVE JUMPERS

NOT WORK

OTHER METHOD PLEASE 

HP Recommended

HP Business Notebooks such as Probooks or Elitebooks have more stringent security than consumer models in fact they don't produce 'halt codes', the password cannot be derived from the Serial Number and the code is stored in non-volatile memory so removing the RTC cell will not reset the password in this case.

Please have a look at this link. 

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/49497-HP-​​Probook-Elitebook-BIOS-Password-Reset-Utility

Please Contact HP Business Notebook support they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.