Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Let me know how this works out, please.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I will.

Chef_D

HP Recommended

I know it's been a while, but:

The Syba card you recommended is giving me speeds on my SSD over 500 MB/Megabits? per second. That's working out really well.

my 4 port USB (Inateck) card is also working out nicely. The only question is: is my SSD big enough? (currently 500GB) It also makes me feel good to know that I did this all by myself:

Backup (C:) drive

Remove (C:) drive

Install SSD

Restore to SSD

Install new Internal HD

Install Inateck SATA 3 PCI card

Install Syba 4 port USB 3.0 PCI card

The computer now starts up in something like 10 seconds, vs. 2 minutes. That's because of the SATA3 card. And finally, my first backup using USB2.0 interface, took 10 hours. but then again, I had some 500GB uncompressed to backup. Now, 400GB including validation of the backup, 18  minutes.

Chef_D

HP Recommended

Thanks for reporting back with the results.  Great news!!  I am glad this worked out!! 

On the size of the SSD - that is something to consider.  500 GB is plenty big for the majority of users.  Use the other hard drive for data storage to relieve the SSD burden.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Yeah, I'm storing all my compressed files, there, rather than on "C" Hopefully 500GB will be enough, with the exception of a few airplanes I want to get (I'm a Sim Pilot,) well, think I am 🙂 That not withstanding, I'm at 120GB with 330GB some odd free.

What's great is, I can transfer my SSD to my new computer, and my 4 port USB3.0 card. I presuming the mobo that I wind up buying will have SATA3 ports, so the Sybex card won't be necessary. I'm 3 years out from that scenario so I'll see.

Thanks for everything, I know it was a tough slog...

Chef_D

HP Recommended

Здравствуйте. У меня HP Z 420. Купил  для него SSD OCZ RevoDrive3 PCI-E 2geh x4. Долго мучался с установкой на него  OC Windows 10. Установил, но теперь не устраивает его скорость. Она меньше заявленной. Подскажите, предполагаю что установил не те драйвера. На оф.сайте почемуто нет драйвера именно для этой модели. Или влияют настройки  BIOS. Есть ли те у кого встречались подобные проблемы. Итрересует любая информация по этому вопросу. Спасибо

HP Recommended

@Alex040

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
В России так много любителей HP, жаль что они останутся без поддержки
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.