Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 23 AiO
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Looking to purchase a laptop but would like to connect it to my hp AiO monitor, which is larger and good quality. Just want to use monitor only. Can I do this? How do I do this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @TSquared1,

I have check the spec and user guide for the 23-b030z computer.  Yes, you can connect a laptop to the HDMI port on the right side of the AOL and use it as a monitor.

Note: the volume buttons on the AIO will not work for the HDMI input. it will be controlled by the laptop.

So any laptop with a HDMI out port will work.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @TSquared1,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you a question of using the 23 AIO as a monitor. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended
C1A58AV#ABA

MODEL 23-b030z
HP Recommended

Hi @TSquared1,

I have check the spec and user guide for the 23-b030z computer.  Yes, you can connect a laptop to the HDMI port on the right side of the AOL and use it as a monitor.

Note: the volume buttons on the AIO will not work for the HDMI input. it will be controlled by the laptop.

So any laptop with a HDMI out port will work.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Hi, thanks for the info, but I don't see an hdmi port on this pc. I see several USB ports, and SD port, and dvd rw, but no hdmi. Am I missing something? What is the AOL?
HP Recommended

Jumping in for @Tardis40, who is no longer available. I think the "AOL" he wrote is a bit of dyslexic typing, or a betrayal by a spell checker. He meant AiO. 

OK, you can use an AiO computer as a display if the unit has an HDMI input port. In most cases, if an AiO has an input HDMI, there will be a button beside it to toggle the HDMI to input mode and override any video output from the AiO itself.  If the AiO only has USB ports then you cannot use it as a display for another computer.

The notebook computer would need to have a video output, preferably a matching HDMI output. If the notebook does not have an HDMI output you can try using an adapter or adapter cable that switches between connection types, such as DVI to HDMI.  The downside is that an adapter adds another possible compatibility issue, or a point of failure. Some devices just will not work together despite having the normal hardware required.

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.