Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
6200 Pro SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I am wondering if there is a bay to install an SSD on my HP6200 Pro SFF. I can't seem to find the info on the spec sheets (which are like reading a foreign language, mostly) and I couldn't see space for one when I installed the wireless card. Did i miss something, or is there just no room in an SFF?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You would have an available SATA data connector on the motherboard (there should be 4 in total), but I don't know if you would have an additional SATA power connector.

You'll have to  open up the PC and have a look around.

The only place I know of where you would be able to mount the drive is underneath the DVD drive where there is a blank 3.5" drive space normally used for the optional multi card reader.

Here is the service manual for your PC.

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c04224518-1.pdf

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

dfuller52

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

One really great aspect of an SSD is that there are no moving parts -- which means, you don't really have to "mount" them in a PC in order to use them.  They weight next to nothing and don't move about when used.

You don't have to deal with the hassle of needing an extra drive "bay" in order to use them.

This means that if you can find both physical space to fit one, and have the extra power and data connectors, you can use an SSD in your PC.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I didn't phrase the question properly. I just re-installed an SSD on my son's computer, which was physically mounted in a space on a rack, next to his HDD. I was looking for the same thing on my 6200 but couldn't see one. How do I tell if I have the connectors and a place to plug in the SSD?

HP Recommended

Hi:

You would have an available SATA data connector on the motherboard (there should be 4 in total), but I don't know if you would have an additional SATA power connector.

You'll have to  open up the PC and have a look around.

The only place I know of where you would be able to mount the drive is underneath the DVD drive where there is a blank 3.5" drive space normally used for the optional multi card reader.

Here is the service manual for your PC.

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c04224518-1.pdf

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.