Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I want to upgrade my computer, change the power supply, graphics card and cpu.

I have windows 7 ultiamte, 4GB ram, and I think the name of the motherboard is "0AACh"

Can you give a list of CPU I can put in this motherboard and a list of motherboards I can put in my dc7800.Specifications2.jpg 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No. A  Intel Core i5-3550 will not work in the motherboard of your dc7800 desktop. An Intel i5 series CPU is of a far newer and different socket type and generation than those that will work

any of the CPUs in the following image will work in the motherboard of your desktop PC .

cd7800 cpu.png

Here is a link to the specifications and options for your desktop PC.

Best regards,

erico 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

No. A  Intel Core i5-3550 will not work in the motherboard of your dc7800 desktop. An Intel i5 series CPU is of a far newer and different socket type and generation than those that will work

any of the CPUs in the following image will work in the motherboard of your desktop PC .

cd7800 cpu.png

Here is a link to the specifications and options for your desktop PC.

Best regards,

erico 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello I upegrade my hp dc 7800 sff grapich card (I put nvidia gtx750ti) and I want upegrade processor.I have got intel core 2 duo e4500.Can i put intel core 2 quad q8300?(2,5ghz 1333fsb 4mb l2chace and intel socket775)

I also upeqrade ram.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.