Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 510-p199
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I upgrade to another graphics card on the HP Pavilion Desktop 510-199na. These are the graphics card i want to upgrade to:

Gigabyte RX 460 WF2 OC-2Gb 2 GB GDDR5 Memory PCI-E Graphics Card - Black: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-OC-2Gb-GDDR5-Memory-Graphics/dp/B01JPAVUY0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=...

Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050 GDDR5 2GB PCI-E: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-NVIDIA-GeForce-Express-Graphics-x/dp/B01MG1MP73/ref=sr_1_2?s=compu...

Here is a picture of my pc internals: 

IMG_20170209_154703-min.jpg

Does it have a PCI-E slot so i can add a graphics card. And can i also add the graphics cards above in thic pc. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Cephachrome, welcome to the forum.

There are several things that you have to consider when buying a video card: 1) length of the card.  Will it fit into the space, 2) power required to run it properly and 3) does it require supplemental power adapters?  Either of the video cards in the links provided will require you to upgrade the power supply unit (PSU), also.  The PSU in the computer is only 180W.  I would recommend the GTX 1050.  It has more onboard memory.  You will have to go to the manufacturer's website to determine how much power that it requires.  I suggest a PSU with at least 500W.  You should read the Customer Reviews to see what users have to say about both of the cards.

Q: And can i also add the graphics cards above in thic pc. 

A: Yes, the PCI Express slot is directly below the two cables.  You should use the same logic as described in my post.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

i looked on the GTX 1050 website and it says that it needs 75W. Please can you confirm this to make sure its true. Thanks

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Cephachrome.

The 75W is the amount of power provided by the PCIx x16 slot on the motherboard.  This means that there is no supplemental power adapter required on the PSU.  However, as I suggested, a 500W  PSU would be good.  This will assure that you have plenty of power for peak needs.  I like Corsair products.  They provide clean, stable, power for the entire system.  Also, a modular PSU is good for small cases.  It will allow you to only use the cables that are absolutely necessary.  Here is a PSU that will work for you.  Read the Customer Reviews to see what users have to say about it.  Before you buy it you should measure the space in the case where the current PSU is installed and compare the measurements to the new PSU.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended
I would recommend a 600w power supply to run the GTX 1050 on your desktop.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.