Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
usb3 card for xw8600 upgrade
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi there. I'm still getting good use from an xw8600 workstation with dual quad core xeons and 16bg ram, mostly using it for editing video. I would like to add usb 3 speed to the workstation, and thanks to some helpful posts on this board, ascertained there was a type 2 pci-e slot available, and that the part that would work was HP USB 3.0 SuperSpeed PCIe x1 HI343-001 part # 6632132-001. 

I've duly tracked one down and installed it, but cannot for the life of me find a driver for the card. Any help would most appreciated.

many thanks

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Bill:

I did some looking around and found this post...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Need-help-with-HP-USB-3-0-SuperS...

Sounds like the same card as yours, so try these TI drivers since the person on the 2nd page of the thread stated the NEC drivers that came with the device didn't work.

This package provides the Texas Instruments USB 3.0 XHCI Host Controller for supported desktop and workstation models that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57873.exe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi, Bill:

I did some looking around and found this post...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Need-help-with-HP-USB-3-0-SuperS...

Sounds like the same card as yours, so try these TI drivers since the person on the 2nd page of the thread stated the NEC drivers that came with the device didn't work.

This package provides the Texas Instruments USB 3.0 XHCI Host Controller for supported desktop and workstation models that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57873.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul - thanks very much! The driver seems to work great, and I'm able to copy quicktimes to my internal raid at what seems like blazing speeds! It's given this old girl a new lease of life, and I'm very grateful . I don't think I mentioned this before, but I'm on windows 7 pro 64bit.

Thanks once again - what a great forum, and Happy Holidays to all

Bill

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Bill.

Happy Holidays to you too!

Paul

HP Recommended

You want these drivers, from the Z620 HP drivers site, for the most recent.  The exact TI chipset for the card is on the Z620's motherboard, and that is why these work just fine with the card too.

There are some incompatibility issues with other installers to avoid, and this driver installer is tested and proven to be the best and most recent available.  The installer will automatically handle both 32- and 64-bit installs.  Be sure to power the card before doing the install:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5225038&swItemId=wk_127880_1&swEnvOid=406...

HERE

3/17 post......

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.