Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion G5403ru
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I purchased a video card  DDR5 Palit GTX1050Ti Dual OC 4Gb. Is installed on the PC motherboard Cupertino H61. Processor installed Intel core i3-2100. Can work in the above video card with my motherboard,are they compatible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Andrej5566

Your PC has a legacy BIOS so the newer UEFI enabled graphics cards are not going to work.

Try one of the below HP certified graphics cards.

Cupertino2 graphic cards.jpg

If you need higher performance than the above mentioned cards then you will need to replace the power supply and acquire a legacy graphics card. The NVIDIA GTX 660 would be a good choice along with a 500 watt power supply.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Andrej5566,

Thanks for contacting us on HP Forums, I understand that you are looking to upgrade the graphics card on your computer. I would like to provide my suggestion. 

Firstly, I would like to inform you that HP does not recommend you to change the configuration of the computer, you can do so at your own risk.

The specification of your computer is http://hp.care/2gSJany

The motherboard on your computer has 1 PCI Express x16

The specification of the graphics card you are looking to install is http://hp.care/2gSEuOt

The graphics card selected by you requires PCI-E 3.0 x 16 slot, which is not available on the motherboard. 

Hope this answered your concern. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Andrej5566

Your PC has a legacy BIOS so the newer UEFI enabled graphics cards are not going to work.

Try one of the below HP certified graphics cards.

Cupertino2 graphic cards.jpg

If you need higher performance than the above mentioned cards then you will need to replace the power supply and acquire a legacy graphics card. The NVIDIA GTX 660 would be a good choice along with a 500 watt power supply.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.