Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (704 Views)
Accepted Solution

Compatible Firewire Card for HP Envy Phoenix 800st?

I need to install a 1394 (Firewire) Card so I can download movies from my Canon HDV camcorder, but I'm not sure which ones are compatible with my Widonws 8.1 64 bit OS.  I'm not even sure my motherboard has a slot to accept a card.  Can anyoen help with this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Compatible Firewire Card for HP Envy Phoenix 800st?

Your Phoenix desktop's motherboard has  two PCI Express x1 slots and a miniPCIe slot available for upgrades.

Choose from amongst a plethora of 1394 adapters that have the  PCI Express x1 slot interface and make sure that the card supports Windows 8.1.  Since Windows 8 is so new it is a bit difficult finding compatible products.

I did a Google search and found a few manufacturers that are providing driver updates.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (697 Views)

What is the complete product name of your HP Phoenix desktop PC?

Look on the rear or side for a service tag. post the p/n here.

If you would like to say thanks, just click on the thumbs up icon.

If your problem is solved, please click the Options link in the post that resolved it and then click on the "Accept as Solution " button
Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (695 Views)

Is this what you need?
HP Envy Phoenix 800 PC Series
Product # D6M13AV#ABA
Model # 800-070st
Provost
Message 4 of 5 (680 Views)

[ Edited ]

Your Phoenix desktop's motherboard has  two PCI Express x1 slots and a miniPCIe slot available for upgrades.

Choose from amongst a plethora of 1394 adapters that have the  PCI Express x1 slot interface and make sure that the card supports Windows 8.1.  Since Windows 8 is so new it is a bit difficult finding compatible products.

I did a Google search and found a few manufacturers that are providing driver updates.

If you would like to say thanks, just click on the thumbs up icon.

If your problem is solved, please click the Options link in the post that resolved it and then click on the "Accept as Solution " button
Top Student
Message 5 of 5 (572 Views)

Thanks for your help with this issue!  I ordered one of the cards you found in your Google search and it worked perfectly with my Windows 8.1 OS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation