Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pavillion p7-1423w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My plasma TV went out and went to purchase a new TV. Tried the Ultra HD TV and this would not work at all. Now purchase regular 1080p this still does not work. All new TVs now have only HDMI ports. My computer only has two different DVI ports. I have an adapter in the DVI port to VGA, and a VGA cable going to my old TV with VGA. I purchased another adapter to connect to the VGA side to make it into a HDMI. So with the VGA to HDMI adapter into the new TV this does not work. Even when I use an older TV with both VGA and HDMI only the VGA will work. I also saw an adapter fro DVI to HDMI, should I try this one now? What is going on with all these new adapters and cords needed why cant they make some universal plug. Do I need a new graphics card with HDMI or should I purchase the DVI to HDMI adapter? I was told I would never be able to use any HDMI for the new Ultra HD because the computers are not upgraded to play games at ultra HD and will have issues something to do with the 60Hz that would be needed and more power needed on the power supply, Ram and tons more issues. Why didnt they figure this out with all these new TV's ? Hoping someone will figure it out for them maybe? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

All you need is a sinlge cable DVI to HDMI such as:

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/comsol-hdmi-to-dvi-d-male-to-male-cable-1m-cohdmidv...

You have to rely on your TV (upscalling) to get 4K. Your computer WON'T give your TV 4K. And you won't get sound thru DVI.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

All you need is a sinlge cable DVI to HDMI such as:

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/comsol-hdmi-to-dvi-d-male-to-male-cable-1m-cohdmidv...

You have to rely on your TV (upscalling) to get 4K. Your computer WON'T give your TV 4K. And you won't get sound thru DVI.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.