Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Elite Ultra-Slim 8200
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hi there,

I have a Hp Elite 8200 Ultra-Slim Desktop and I wanted to get a graphics upgrade, so I decided to buy a ATI Radeon 5450 mxm 512mb discrete graphics card, when I put it into my computer and turned it on, I couldn't find the drivers, my display was changed up, my resolution was changed and I couldn't change it back & it made my gaming even worse than it was before, I already know that my computer isn't the Gaming type, but any type of graphics upgrade would help me out. My main question is, is why does it make my computer worse?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Download and install the latest drivers for your card here.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

That didn't work, it said "we are unable to find a driver for your system. No supported AMD hardware was detected"

I have the card in my motherboard, I dont understand why it cant read it.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you try the AMD MXM graphics card driver from your PC's support page?

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5037959&swItemId=vc_95361_1&swEnvOid=4059

HP Recommended

Use the driver disc that came with the card.  If it's a new card, the PCI ID will probably not have made it to either Microsoft's or AMD's consolidated driver database yet, so it flags as unsupported.  You may need to delete any existing driver for the device via the control panel then let Windows do its "found new hardware" thing again, and tell it you have the disc.  I have a 5450 in the 8200 I'm typing this on.  I installed it for the additional monitor port options.  It gets a lower Microsoft Performance Index in Windows 7, largely because it doesn't have hardware support for the Aero effects.  I'll take the extra ports, thanks.

Tony.

HP Recommended
I bought it off of eBay, I didn't receive a disc with it
HP Recommended

Thank you, this actually worked and the card is now being read!

HP Recommended
You're very welcome.
HP Recommended

Sorry to bother you again but, How do i know if it is working properly? I see not one difference in my gaming expierence. 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that I would not know.

If you go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device category, you should see an AMD Radeon 5450 graphics adapter listed there.

If you see that, and your PC's screen resolution can be changed, then the graphics driver is properly installed.

The games you are playing are probably too much for that model card to handle.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.