Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pro 3330mt
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Hi,
I have an HP PRO 3330MT which has a foxconn 17a0 motherboard. I checked the bios option and it shows secure boot, fast boot, enable/disable legacy support, and UEFI boot sources. It also has a bios version 8.09. So, does this motherboard support UEFI? Because i wanna replace the gt 730 to an RX 470. (I already checked the PSU and measure the case so don't ask about it!) Thanks before
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes it does have have UEFI BIOS support.

If you are looking at adding an AMD Radeon RX series card you will need to upgrade the PSU to one that has about 450W or better.  The upgrade candidate PSU will have to have PCIe power connectors for the  RX series video card. The 300W PSU it is delivered with does not supply enough currrent. If you are looking at the RX 480 8GB version, it requires a 500W or higher PSU and an 8-pin PCIe power connector.

BTW, telling us not to ask something specific is rather strange thing to do, considering you are here asking us for information.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Yes it does have have UEFI BIOS support.

If you are looking at adding an AMD Radeon RX series card you will need to upgrade the PSU to one that has about 450W or better.  The upgrade candidate PSU will have to have PCIe power connectors for the  RX series video card. The 300W PSU it is delivered with does not supply enough currrent. If you are looking at the RX 480 8GB version, it requires a 500W or higher PSU and an 8-pin PCIe power connector.

BTW, telling us not to ask something specific is rather strange thing to do, considering you are here asking us for information.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Ok thank you. I already replaced the PSU with the 500 W one which has 6 pin connectors and 8 pin connectors
HP Recommended

Which brand and model of the AMD Radeon RX 480 are you installing?

It always helps other members when we hear success stories on specific desktop PC model series upgrades.

HP Recommended
It's the XFX RX 470 4 GB Triple X Edition. I will tell you if it's working 🙂
HP Recommended
@NoobieGuy What is the verdict?

HP Recommended
What is verdict? Can you explain pls
HP Recommended

The verdict is a Yea(yes) or Nay(No). Yea and Nay is old English that is still used in American and UK English. 

Where are you from?

It is the result, as in working or not,  of the new video card in your motherboard.

HP Recommended
Owh. I thought it still related to GPU XD
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.