Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laser Pro 400 color M452nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer is not working. Downloaded drives severatimes but keep saying drivers not avaiable. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

There is a firmware update:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7527723&swItemId=ly_154117_4&swEnvOid=419...

And then the driverpackages for Windows 10 are here:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7527723&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192

Are you located in the USA?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
Thanks and yes I am USA. I have Lenovo yoga 3. The set up was working fine but stopped working. So I used HP print doc. I have downloaded several times but even test page doesn't print and get stuck in queue and then error message
HP Recommended

HERE IS THE MANUAL for that printer.  The last section in that manual is "Solving Problems"  See if any of those tips will correct the problem.

HERE IS A DOCUMENT from HP on the subject of HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows).  Read that guide for correcting that type of error.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot.  Idid all step.  When I print Doc.  I can print with internal test but not test print.  I say there is problem with your software.  Unstall it and re install.  Which software and where to find the re install software?  Thanks a lot for your help so far.

HP Recommended

On the second link I provided, that takes you to the Driver Downloads page.  Click on the "Driver-Product Installation Software"  and pick the HP Color LaserJet Pro M452 Printer Series PCL-6 Driver.  It will show what to do and then you can download the software.  It seems there is a solution in there for a problem with "Fixed a spooler issue"

Uninstall the old software and then  install this new package.  Report back on how that went.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot.  It seems to be issue with Macafee fire firewall.   When re-installed while it was turned off.  But after I restarted firewall same issue occured so uninstalled re-installed again.  Printer is working fine now.  Do I need to leave firwall turn off forever?  Thanks a lot

HP Recommended

I do not use McAfee but there should be a place where you can allow/exclude the printer software.

I got this from a McAfee forum, HERE:

1. Go to McAfee Firewall Settings
  2. Select “My Network Connections”
  3. Check if the local IP Address is added to it. If not kindly add all the local IP’s which you would like to trust
  4. In case if the address are already added, try to change the Security Level to “Work” and save the settings and then try accessing the printer

Firewall.JPG

I'm not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.