Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'll did change the FAN

Two differents fan really and i got the same message "system fan has failed" press F2 to continue...

anybody knows which is the correct model replacement

HP Recommended

At boot up press CTRL F10 instead of F10, and you'll be in the BIOS where the ADVANCED menu is found. There you can disable the FAN control. Be shure the fan is actually working or you wil soon be buying a new PC!

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks. That's what I was looking for.  

I got the system fan error message when the original fan broke.  I replaced the fan with a manual Low-Med-High switch that I found in Staples. A few years later I got the message again even though the fan was running fine.  I set the fan on high but I would still get the error message.  So I bought a seemingly variable speed fan and still got the same message so I disabled the system fan check.

The CPU fan check was useful in catching when the CPU fan stopped so too bad I have to disable the system fan check. The computer is 7 years old so I'm not too worried - it will be replaced soon.

HP Recommended

The system fan is the problem not the CPU fan.  I've had issues with both and the checks do work correctly to save the computer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.