Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite 8100 Small Form Factor
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

we have in our company several HP Elite 8100 computers. Recently we have decided to upgrade the RAM to 16 GB, so we purchased 4GB RAM modules. Nevertheless, when we insert 4x4GB modules in the computer, there is a BSOD during OS start. We tried to use different OSes and they all fail to boot up. When we try to perform memory check via BIOS option, the test gets stuck on about 3500 MB.

The RAM configuration should be supported as per the documentation. The modules are 4GB DDR3 CL9 1333MHz:

Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333

The BIOS version has been upgraded to 1.13 and there has been an ME firmware flash as well to the latest version. We tried to put only 1 or 2 modules in the computer and the result is the same.

Any help or advice here?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

You may want to use my recommendation on this post...read the whole thread.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware/Memory-upgrade-for-8100-elite-CMT-with-TwinMos-2x4GB-5...

HP Recommended

So I guess I just have to buy another RAMs? Are there any guidelines or HCL to choose from?

HP Recommended

The only recommendation I can offer is what I already have.

If you can't get that exact memory where you are located, I don't have any other alternative brands or specs to recommend.

All I know is what worked for the other forum members and myself.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the recommendation, that may indeed be the problem I've been having. 

The odd thing is that I've been running 2x2GB DDR3-PC12800 for over a year without issue. But recently upgrading to exactly the same chip as the 2GB in 2X4GB, caused reboots and BSOD. Since the price difference is minimal I'll just have to return these DIMMs for the lower speed variety.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.