Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 34 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought the envy 34 all in one. I am having a lot of trouble getting programs to download. It always says the drive is full. I have a 1T drive with 598 GBs free. The C drive says it only has 120 GBs and is full. i think windows is on the c drive but i am not sure how to get it to use the D drive for everything else. can someone help? I have already manually moved everything i can from the c drive to the D but it still doesn't leave enough space.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello nlsclint,

Welcome to the forum! Can you tell me please, what do you see when you go to the Disk management menu? Can you see the full capacity of the internal hard drive? Besides these 120 Gigs, can you see the rest of the disk space? If not, probably the HDD has been divided into two partitions, but the second one hasn't got any drive letter. Check if you can assign a letter by clicking right button over the unallocated space, if any. Come back to the topic to tell me what happened after that.

Cheers.

Western Digital representative
HP Recommended

I see two drives one: Disk 0 - Windows (C:) drive with 119.12 GB(capacity) - three partitions 117.96GB NTFS Healthy (Boot,CrashDump, Primary Partition) 360MB Healthy (EFI System Partition) and one 827MB Healthy (Recovery Partition)

and one Disk 1 - Datadrive1 (D:) with 931.39 GB capacity 596.77GB Free. If I move program files for apps to the D drive they won't work until installed on the C drive. I can't move program files from C for some reason.

I have never had issues like this before.

HP Recommended

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

@nlsclint,

This is the most common issue with any unit that has an SSD and a Data drive.

The SSD's speed makes the boot process very fast.  The data drive is for storage. The data drive is a SATAIII, capable of 6Gb/s speeds.  Maybe it's not documented, or explained properly, as this question is repeatedly asked. 

Your can re-assign folders to the data drive.

1) Select "Settings"

2) In the "Find a setting" box type "storage", then click on "Default save locations"

From that menu, you can assign the New apps, and various folders.

Because you did not know this procedure, you can set it up, and then move the actual data files to the created folders on the data drive.  If you try to move folders, you will create an issue.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.