Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 700-509nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After having worked more then 1 year, nowadays the cardreader doesn't recognize SDHC cards anymore.

It does with Compact Flash cards.

When hanging on the camera with a USB cable, the photo's can be downloaded.

Strange...anyone an idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Simple but most evident solution: a little cardreader...

Thank you !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there @vonkske,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.  I understand that your card reader is no longer recognizing SDHC cards.  I am happy to assist you with this.

It is possible that the reader is failing, but before we go there, try using the HP Support Assistant to be sure your drivers are up to date. HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Also give this a try, even though it is for Windows 8. HP Desktop PCs - Using and Troubleshooting Memory Card Readers (Windows 😎

Then there is this post from the Microsoft Support forums that may help as well:

SD memory Card Reader/ Slot is not working on Windows 10  - answers.microsoft.com.

Please let me know whether any of that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for offering help.

Unfortunately, none of these steps resolved the problem...

Perhaps the cardreader is dead.

USB devices and Compact Flash cards are well recognized.

HP Recommended

It may just be that some of the slots are not working anymore, for whatever reason. If you like, you could look at replacing that part. You could try using the HP Parts Store, or the HP PartSurfer to look for a replacement part, or you could contact HP Phone Support to arrange a repair.  

Another potentially simpler solution would be looking at getting an external USB Multi-card Reader, which has the benefit of being more portable.

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Simple but most evident solution: a little cardreader...

Thank you !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.