Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6710f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I've decided to build a new desktop and reuse my old HP pavilion case. So, my question is whether the front panel connector of this case is compatibile with the panel header on my new motherboard. My motherboard is  ASRock B150M Pro4s. Thank you for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There are no pinouts for the case connectors available at the consumer level. 

I highly recommend that you purchase a case from a PC component vendor online or a physical shop. The case will come with a manual that has a connector pinout.

Once you remove the motherboard from the HP desktop case, you no longer own an HP PC product. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

There are no pinouts for the case connectors available at the consumer level. 

I highly recommend that you purchase a case from a PC component vendor online or a physical shop. The case will come with a manual that has a connector pinout.

Once you remove the motherboard from the HP desktop case, you no longer own an HP PC product. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.